14

Raphael's POV:

It's been three days and Ariella still hasn't waken up, since I have marked her. My wolf keeps howling in my head, and I can feel her, but she won't respond to me or my wolf.

Sitting in my room, nearby, I watch as the pack doctor draws Ariella's blood to test it, again. He's done this everyday, since I couldn't wake her the morning after my mark.

"Alpha, all the tests show is that she in a transformation, but I don't know what kind of transformation," the doctor says. I growl, to myself, knowing that I should have done research on this before marking her.

"Any idea when she'll wake up," I ask. "No Alpha, I do not," he replies,before scurrying out of my room. I watch as she rolls around on the bed, her moans of pain or whatever is happening, lasting two days now.

Causing my heart to break, as I watch her. "Raph, you need to eat and shower," my mom says walking into the room. "I can't, knowing that I did this to her," I tell my mom.

"What if she's rejecting my mark or worse and it's killing her," I ask, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. "If she were rejecting it, you'd feel it," my mom says, "besides she willingly allowed you to mark her right," she asks.

"She did," I tell her. "The doctor would know if she was rejecting the mark, maybe she's transitioning into a wolf," my mom says. "I don't want her to change," I say, feeling panicked, "I love her horse," I say, feeling broken.

"If the moongoddess chooses, she'll lose her horse Raph, it's not up to us," my mom says. My tears begin to flow down my face, as her words sink in. I truly loved her horse and her playfulness, as she was in horse form.

I feel my mom place a hand on my shoulder, as I cried. "What if it kills her," I cry. "She won't. she can't," my mom says, sounding as though she may cry as well. "I can't lose her," I say, crying.

Just then Ariella starts screaming in pain, her body starts convulsing, as she thrashes around the bed. I leap from my chair, and run to her side.

"Ariella please baby calm down," I say, trying to touch her, as usually the touch of your mate helps soothe the pain. She growls, at me, as her body remains convulsing.

I jump back, surprised by the growl, she gave me. I look at my mom, alarmed. "She has a wolf," my mom says, surprise in her voice.

I feel my wolf reaching out to our mate, trying to calm her and her wolf, as our pur is heard in the room as well. Soon Ariella calms for the most part, but she wimpers in her deep slumber.

My wolf remaining silent, as he tries to keep her calm. "Is she going to be ok," I ask my wolf. My normally talkative wolf doesn't respond to me, causing me to worry.

I soon hear the impossible. Ariella's bones start breaking. "Get her outside now," my wolf yells at me. I scoop her into my arms and rush out the bedroom, taking her outside.

Her thrashing in pain in my arms almost impossible to keep ahold of her, as I do. Reaching the backyard, I lay Ariella down in the grass.

Her bones breaking and rearranging, added to her screams of pain, I step back and watch, as she makes her first shift. My wolf forces himself into control, and shifts, shredding my clothes in the process.

"Mate needs help," he demands me. I walk up, as he gives me back control. I walk up to Ariella and gently nuzzle her as she starts to sprout fur. Her fur is a black and chocolate brown almost black in some places.

She screams, as the pain intensifies, and I try what I can to help ease her pain. I hear the last of her bones break, and start rearranging themselves.

After awhile, she lays on the ground as a wolf. Her chocolate and black fur, reflecting off the morning sun rays. She remains laying down, wimpering.

"Ariella,baby, it's ok, it's over, your shift is complete," I tell her in the mate link. She wimpers again, but looks around.

Then my Dad walks outside, and she begins to growl at him. Barring her teeth, my Dad smirks. "I see you finally marked your mate," he says looking at me, then at her.

She growls again, and snaps her teeth in his direction. "Dad, go," I tell him, not wanting her wolf to react and attack him, as she'd feel threatened by him.

My Dad chuckles, as she stands up on all fours and stars at him, leveling her head with her shoulders, ready for any sudden move he makes to attack him.

"You don't scare me, she-wolf," my Dad says snarling at Ariella. "Ariella baby please calm down," I beg her. I watch, hoping she'll respond. "It's not Ariella in control, it's her wolf," my wolf tells me.

I start to feel panic, and worry now, as I can't contact Ariella, as her wolf has her blocked. "Do something," I tell my wolf. "I can't, she doesn't feel safe with him out here, especially how he treated Ariella," my wolf says.

################################

* Please vote and comment.

* What's going to happen?