I hesitated. I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable if I told him that Pidge and Hunk were teasing me about being in a relationship with him.

LoverboyLance: they were teasing me about something that happened with allura. she bumped into me today and they saw and were making a big deal about it
Keith_Kogane: ur friends seem like cool people lol
LoverboyLance: hey! ur supposed to be on my side, not theirs! ur my friend after all...
Keith_Kogane: lol, i was kidding. tell them that if they bother u again, i will buy a ticket to cali and beat their asses, and then take u with me back to ny

I couldn't help but grin as I read the message. I'm not sure why, but reading it made me feel giddy inside. Pidge raised an eyebrow.

"Mind telling us what that was all about?"

"Well, I told Keith how you guys were bullying me, and he said that if you do that again, he'll buy a plane ticket to California, beat you guys up, and bring me back to New York with him." I said.

Hunk raised an eyebrow.

"That sounds pretty gay." Pidge said with a chuckle.

I threw my fork at her, and she dodged it.

"That could have killed me!" I rolled my eyes. "It's a plastic fork. It's not going to do any harm to you in any way."

She shrugged. "You don't know that."

Hunk shook his head before turning his attention back to his food.

***
I walked down the stairs of the school, eager to get home. I couldn't stand school. The only good parts about it were Pidge, Hunk, and Allura.

Keith_Kogane: hey, r u still in school?
LoverboyLance: im on my way home now.
Keith_Kogane: perfect

I raised an eyebrow. I was about to respond when my screen was filled with Keith's profile picture.

Incoming call from Keith_Kogane

I sighed as I answered, lifting the phone slightly so he could actually see my face. The top half of his body filled the screen. He had a black sweatshirt with one of his emo band's logos on it. His hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

He looked exhausted, but his face lit up when he saw I had answered.

"Lance!"

"Keith! Hey! How's it going?"

He was beaming. "You'll never guess what Shiro and Adam came home with today!"

I chuckled and raised an eyebrow. "And what's that?"

I heard a little bark and he held up a little german shepard puppy. "Awwwe. He's so cute! What's his name?"

"Kosmo. Shiro and Adam brought him home with them because Acxa kept complaining that she wanted a puppy."

I walked into my house and dropped my bag. I walked up to my room and sat on the bed, continuing to talk to Keith.

"I've always wanted a dog, but Marco is really allergic so, that's a no."

"Well, you could always visit and meet Kosmo."

I laughed, rolling onto my stomach and propping my head up with my arm.

"I wish it were that simple. If only I could just snap my fingers and you would be here, or I would be there."

"Yeah, if only. Why do you have to live so far away?"

I mocked offense. "It's not my fault you decided to live on the other side of the country."

"It's not like I chose to live here!"

We both laughed.

"So anyways, what's new in the life of Lance?"

I thought for a second. "Not much. Our science teacher is out on maternity leave, so we have this sub. He's super weird. His name is Mr. Slav and he keeps talking about the possibilities of alternate realities. It's super weird. He was talking about a reality where we all lived in space and fought evil aliens."

Keith laughed softly. I heard a knock at the door from the phone, and it opened. Keith looked up.

"Who are you talking to?"

I saw a head of purple hair try to look over Keith's shoulder.

"That's none of your business!" Keith said, putting the phone face down so my screen was now black.

The girl laughed. "Ohhh Keith's got a secret girlfriend."

She drawled the "i" as she said it in a teasing manner.

"Shut up Axca. What do you want?"

"Shiro said dinner's ready. You should invite her over sometime for dinner, so we can meet her."

"Oh fuck off. I'll be right down."

I heard the door shut and a few moments later Keith picked up the phone again.

"Sorry about that. I've gotta go. Text me, yeah?"

I nodded. "Bye Keith!"

He waved and ended the call. I sighed as I grabbed my bag and started on my homework.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

oop chapter 2. its about to get more interesting, i promise. im going to try and post a chapter everyday, so we'll see how that works out. i might get impatient and start doing 2 chapters, idk. i have up to like chapter 27 written already so,,yeah.