ii. dark red

i. 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖉𝖔
act i. chapter two.
❛ dark red ❜

      something bad is about to happen to me. i can feel it in the pit of my gut. its nagging and annoying me like a pesky fly that won't seem to just buzz off. i dont know what but i feel it coming, like the snow in winter. what could it be? if i had to guess, it could only be one thing.

     'might be so sad, might leave my nose running.' i thought. the way i picture the scene going down in my head usually ends with me in tears, no matter how i picture it. i mean, how could i not? i just hope she don't wanna leave me.

     "don't you give me up. please, don't give up." i pleaded with her but by the form expression on her face it did nothing to sway her decision. "honey, i belong with you and only you."

     "stop." it echoed. what does she mean stop? she's all i have i cant just let her go. i've only ever wanted her.

     "It's only you, my girl."

     something bad is about to happen to me. my stomach is twisting in turning. i can practically taste her next words. why i feel this way? i don't know. maybe. the conversation goes exactly the way i picture it every time and it hurts. i think of her so much it drives me crazy. she's the only thing occupying my mind, whether it be this scene or a different one without the gloomy melancholy of her melodic words. i just don't want her to leave me.

     "don't you give me up. please, don't give up." i beg her with nothing short of desperation plaguing my tone. i cant afford to lose her so i continue my plea. "honey, i belong with you and only you."

     "what are you talking about?" what does that mean? her nose scrunched up with pure confusion and it threw me for a spin. what if she's fine, and it's my mind that's wrong? could i have been wrong the entire time? and i was just letting bad thoughts linger for far to long?

     i let out a sigh of relief. it was my mind. i was wrong and i just let my bad thoughts linger for far to long.

     "we should take a break."

     "don't you give me up." don't go.

     "this is just to much for me. i'm not ready."

     "please, don't give me up." please stay.

     "i'm sorry."

     and then i woke up in a cold sweat and salty tears framing my rosy cheeks. i look around me to see the quant normalcy of my room. it was just a dream.

     my phone buzzed with a text.

     'we need to talk.'

     so i prepared myself again. "honey, i belong with you and only you."

steffanies corner
   dark red by steve lacy
   is such a good song if
   y'all haven't heard i 10/10
   recommend!