Chapter 2:Let's Talk About It

Jatavia

    Not that I wasn't happy to see Dave, it was just so unexpected and frightening to see him. He looked so much more manlier in person than what I've seen over social media. I wasn't sure if this was the same man I was going to marry or not, but I was surely about to find out.

I took in his appearance as he walked towards the table. He wore a yellow hoodie that brought out his skin complexion, his hood was over his head so I couldn't exactly point out what he had underneath. I could see that his beard had grown some, but he was still my "Mr. Patchy". The tattoos that covered his face and neck had me squirming in my seat, lord knows I love a man bearing tattoos, especially my man.

  He stood at the foot of the table with his arms crossed shaking his head as he looked me up and down.

  "I just know that ain't who I think it is

  "I just know that ain't who I think it is." Dave said while giving me a goofy grin. I didn't even notice I was staring until Caresha whispered in my ear. "Girl if you don't stop eye raping that man and say something!"

"Y-yeah it's definitely the person who you think it is," I said while playing with my nails. "If I'm not mistaken, you're the Dave East guy that has the industry shook right now. Right?" I said while locking my eyes with his and sprouting a small smile on my face.

"Yeah ma, that's definitely me...but let's quit with the games, you gone give a nigga a hug or what?" He spoke while holding his arms out, waiting for me to fill them.

I stood from my seat and walked right into his arms. He smelled phenomenal, he always smelled good no matter where he was going. It's something I missed about him.

"I see you still enjoy smelling a nigga." He joked.

"Ain't nothing changed over here Dave. I spent two years incarcerated, if anything I'm more humbled. That food in there made me grateful for the little shit I did have while I was free." I joked.

"Yeah I see you still that same silly person th-." Dave's sentence was cut off by Caresha. "Now Dave, I know you all excited about seeing Jt and all but a "hello" would be fine. I know Mrs. Gina taught you better than this."

"Oh shit, my bad Resh, it ain't even like that it's just I was so...well...I...shit I don't even know." Dave said while stuttering over his words. "Yeah, yeah. I understand, you were just so happy to see how amazingly good my sis looked." Caresha spoke while she rolled her eyes.

  "Okay Caresha," I said in hurry before she got carried away

"Okay Caresha," I said in hurry before she got carried away. "We're going to go get us a different table so that we can can catch up. Let me know when it's time to go." I said while walking away and pulling Dave's arm towards a booth that was ducked off.

As we sat across from across from each other, I couldn't help but to stare at the man before me. I hadn't seen this beautiful sculpted face in two years. This was the face that knew every detail about me, the face that guided me when everything around me felt out of place.

"I missed you." I blurted out.

I couldn't hold those three words in any longer. I missed the person who I fell in love with, but I wasn't sure If he was still the same man I fell in love with. I just hoped and prayed that he didn't show his ass, and that he didn't let the fame get to his head.

"I missed you 1000 times more. Shit ain't been the same since you been down," Dave said while never breaking eye contact with me. " Sometimes I wish I would've never let you get into my head for convincing me to not come and see you. Shit was dumb of me to even listen to." He said in a serious tone.

"It's not what I wanted, but it's what you needed Dave. It was hard for those words to even come out but we were dangerous for each other. I wanted you to do better, you were never like me and that's what I needed you to understand."

"Nah. You needed me just like I needed you during these 2 years. The day I walked out of that prison, I instantly regretted it because I knew you were doing all of it for me. I was so selfish for that shit, but like you said I was never like you." Dave said.

I always felt like I loved him more than he loved me. It's been that way since we met. I was so in love with him. I never wanted to give up on him no matter how many times he would cheat or leave me out of the important things in his life.

Unfortunately, it was too late for me to realize what love really felt like because I was so madly in love with a man who only loved himself, but was in love for what a women would do for him.

Being in jail will cause you to think about where you went wrong in life. It causes you to hate yourself and the people you thought you loved. Only difference with me is I still couldn't hate Dave even if I wanted to.

"I should hate you right now Dave," His face was filled with sorrow, as if he regretted every single thing he caused in my life. "But I can't. You were my best friend before anything. That's something you'll always be, no matter the circumstances." I spoke.

"Start over?" Dave said as he gave me his hand to shake. I stared at his hand before deciding if I really wanted to take this ride again. As much as I knew this wasn't going to be a trip in the the park, I just knew this time around would be different.

"Deal." I said before shaking his hand.

I'm literally on a mission to get a new chapter out everyday! I'm really enjoying writing the book so far but there may be days where I'm just not feeling it, so please bare with me and enjoy the next couple of chapters.❤️

❤️