Chapter 13: Manners Please...

'Thoughts'

"Spoken Words" 

[Skills or the Voice of the World]

{Great Sage}

---------------------------------------------------------

Under the advice of @ShadouFireborn, I will try to narrate this story without using the (Nameless: ") thing.

Please bear with it. If you have trouble understanding who's speaking, i'm sorry.

Also, I went back and edited the story of the previous chapter, so go look at it to know why some things might not make sense.

--------------------------------------------------------

(Nameless' POV:)

After inspecting the final part of the village, I head over to the area that the humans were guided to. This was maybe an hour after we took them back into the village.

As I approach the very wide hut, I can smell the meat that they are cooking, and let me tell you, it smells amazing. Enticed by the smell, I pick up my pace. 

I am right next to the tent, about to enter. Right as I move my hand to lift the flap, I notice that Rimuru has come over with Rigurdo.

"Hello Rimuru, I take it that you are here to see the humans?" I say to him. 

"Yeah, I have never really had a good look at them when we helped them earlier. Let's hope that they are different from the thugs from Dwargon, they were douches." As he said that, we heard noises from the inside of the hut.

Hey! You son of a-, I wanted that meat!" Cabal yelled out to someone.

"What a jerk! I raised that meat myself you know!? You can't just take it!" Ellen calls out to Cabal, who i'm guessing tried to snatch some of Ellen's meat that she cooked. 

"I am always serious when it comes to food! I will never back down!" Cabal yelled back, and the two continued to yell and argue.

What's going on in there?

"What in the world?" Rimuru said as he heard their bickering. Rigurdo made a depressed face as he answered Rimuru's wonders.

"I'm so sorry, Rimuru-sama...I gave them food since they said that they were starving..." He said in a tone that made it seem like regret, like when you fail miserably during a presentation to a CEO of a large cooperation.

"Hey, don't beat yourself down! Helping those in need is a very good thing! You did good, Rigurdo!" Rimuru said to cheer up Rigurdo. It worked fantastically, as Rigurdo changed his face to one of that showed how happy he was for Rimuru's acceptance.

"Thank you, Rimuru-sama! I will try my best and dedicate myself to helping those that need it! Always!" Rigurdo shouted in happiness.

"You do that." Rimuru said and turned to look at Rigur.

Rigur, who was guarding the entrance to the hut, said to Rimuru, "Rimuru-sama, you can go in." After he said that, he bent down to grab the flap that covered the entrance and lifted it up, allowing entry for the three of us.

And what I saw...

'Wolves...' I thought immediately. The trio had their faces stuffed to the brim, somehow still able to chew, and were staring at us intensely as they chewed there food faster than a squirrel chewing on an acorn to get the nut.

And the woman in the mask... Shizu was it? I'm sure I heard the trio say that. She was doing something that surprised me.

She was eating in a weird sitting position. At least to me it was, but she was eating the meat quietly unlike the others who were gobbing it down like starving wolves. She was eating piece by piece by putting the meat underneath the place her mouth would be, mask still on, and it would somehow disappear with an afterimage.