[4]

After the postmortem and completion of the cremation of Mr. Sinha's body, Brigadier Chandok along with other male faculty members and a few cadets return back to the academy. On their way back to the academy Brigadier Chandok's car happens to pass through the field where the fateful incident happened to take place, something he would not forget ever. He asks the driver to stop the car there.

Getting out of the car Brigadier Chandok walks towards the spot where everything had happened. Tensed Major Nair tries to stop Brigadier Chandok,

"Sir humara yahan rukna sahi nahi hai."

But Brigadier Chandok doesn't seem to have heard Major Nair at all.

Major Nair feels skeptical of getting out of the car but finds himself bound to get out of the car. But before exiting, he makes sure that no one is there around.

"Sir!"

The driver's voice skips Major Nair's heartbeat. Controlling his rate of heartbeat he asks the driver, acting to be pissed off, to hide his fear,

"Kya hai?"

"Sir ye wohi jagah hai na jahan....",

the driver trails off, gulping his saliva out of fear.

Major Nair understands the unsaid.

"Haan to?",

asks Major Nair, maintaining the pissed off tone.

"Nahi, waise hi puch raha hun Sir.",

says the driver, smiling nervously.

"Sir shayad aap sahi keh rahe hain Brigadier Sir ko wakayi yahan utarna nahi chahiye tha!",

says the driver, fearing.

Major Nair shakes his head, frustrated and unlocks the door of the car to get out of it.

"Arey Sir ab aap kahan ja rahe hain?",

asks the driver, out of fear.

Turning to address the driver, Major Nair says,

"Jahan Brigadier Chandok ja rahe hain.",

rolling his eyes he turns and walks towards Brigadier Chandok, leaving behind a terrified driver.

"Par... maine sunna hai aisi jagah par aatmayein bhatakti hain.",

the driver talks to himself more than he tells it to Major Nair who by now has gone out of earshot.

Brigadier Chandok walks to the place and stands just in front of the place where Mr. Sinha happened to have had the most uncanny experience of his life.

Major Nair keeps staring Brigadier Chandok as gets departed from the car.

👻👻👻👻👻

Time elapses.

Major Nair standing at a far away distance from Brigadier Chandok stares him, puzzled. But more than getting impatient he gets curious. Curious as he doesn't understand what is Brigadier Chandok doing standing there at the same point for last five ten minutes as if he has turned rigid.

As the impatience takes a toll on Major Nair, he decides to walk further to see what has caught interest of Brigadier Chandok so much that he has almost forgotten to return back.

Reaching him at a slow pace, a bit terrified, Major Nair stands behind Brigadier Chandok. He doesn't understand why he fails to say anything to him at all. He rather stands next to him.

Suddenly someone addresses them from in front of them,

"Arey aap log yahan kya kar rahe hain?"