[8]

Meera Ahluwalia laughs a little after hearing the whole incident that occured with Mr. Ahluwalia, whilst mixing the sugar in his cup of tea, sitting around the centre table.

"Arey koi mazak kar raha hoga.",

says Meera and extends the cup towards Mr. Ahluwalia.

Mr. Ahluwalia whilst accepting the cup, looking towards Meera, asks,

"Acha kon mazak karega aise? Humare siwaye yahan aur hai hi kon?"

As soon as he asks this the tubelight at the sitting area starts blinking. Mr. Ahluwalia and Meera look towards the blinking tubelight.

"Lijiye, ye tubelight bol rahi hai ke Prakash ji hum bhi hain zara humari taraf bhi dhyan de dijiye.",

jokes Meera, laughing.

Prakash looks towards the light, his looks serious.

👻👻👻👻👻

Prakash gets busy in repairing the fused light. Whilst doing so he hears Meera humming a song in the kitchen, the frequent variation in the clarity of her voice tells Prakash that Meera is working in the kitchen and singing simultaneously. The fused light gets repaired and Prakash collects the instruments used in the repairing. While doing so he suddenly hears the revolving of the nut bolts of the tubelight. The slow creaking sound of the nut bolts being removed halts Prakash, he slowly looks up towards the tubelight, the filaments burn again in front of his eyes. The room again turns dark. Prakash now hears Meera's humming coming from the room which is adjacent to the wall where he was repairing the tubelight. He starts sweating out of fear.

"Mee...ra ji...??",

Prakash calls out slowly, trying to keep his heartbeat under control.

"Haan!!",

comes Meera's reply, from the kitchen as well as the bedroom!

Prakash's heart thumps inside his chest. Terrified upon getting the reply from both the rooms.

Before he could decide which one is his wife for real, they ask him,

"Hum kuch der kahin bahar ghoomne chalein kya? Main ghar par baithe-baithe bore ho rahi hoon!"

"Waise to mujhe aapki company yahan bhi achi lag rahi hai akele iss ghar mein!",

they laugh a little in shyness, saying that.

Prakash stares straight ahead of him, numb out of shock!

Slowly he walks towards Kitchen instead of bedroom as he was sure she had gone to kitchen and not bedroom. His steps slow, and he turns to look behind every now and then. Finally reaching the kitchen he in a trembling voice, trembling out of fear, calls

"M...Me...era...??"

Meera turns to look towards him and asks,

"Haan?"

He stares her in horror.

Witnessing his situation, tensed Meera walks to him and asks,

"Kya hua? Aap itne ghabraye hue kyun hain?",

her brows knit.