Chapter two

"We shall make a deal then, your true name for the information that you seek," sneered the still unamed fae, "In turn you will receive all that want to know, and I all that I wish for."

She knew there was some kind of malicious intent by the gleam lighting in his azure eyes, she knew that this could very well be the end of her. For, one wrong misstep with a fae and it could be the very end of you. Gesturing with his long tanned hand he beckoned her closer, as if he would like to shake on the previous deal.

"A pact with a fae must be sealed with a kiss, Halfling," devilish smirk now painting his face making him even more unearthly than before. Crossing the salt circle, not disturbing a single grain she met the fae face to mid stomach. Rough bear paws of hands griped the small roundness of her face pulling her to her tip toes, noses caressing and breathe clashing softly, they sealed the deal. The kiss itself sending the feeling of pure fire coursed through her veins, the feeling of his delicate fangs scraped against her bottom lip causing her to shiver in delight. Appalled at the enjoyment she had taken in the unsolicited kiss, with a gasp she pulled back, hands resting on his pleasantly bare chest.

"My full name is Persephone Brair Castellene now fo-"before she could finish a menacing yet spine tingling laugh reverberated through her very being. She knew now that she had somehow botched the deal, looking into sky blue eyes Persephone backed away only to be stopped by strong hands on her waist, and a growling rumble.

"I am simply Artair," lifting his broad chin staring down at her, "our deal shall be met," a smirk of pure naughtiness plague his face.

"So you will tell me what I want to know," her voice cracking slightly as she struggled to get away from him. A simple curt nod was the only answer he gave her in response. So many things to ask, but the right questions escaped her.

"Did you know my parents?" she breathed quietly avoiding his captivating eyes. She knew that if she continued along this path of questioning she would somehow find out what she wanted to know so despretly.

. Glancing up she could see that on his face was mulling over how best to answer her, all the research she has done on fairies she knew they were tricksters every last one of them.

"Your parents are known to all fae kind," he rumbled acknowledging her question, his eyes narrowing into thin slits a predatory gleam slipping into them.

"Did the fae have something to with their death?" Her fist clenched tightly when

a deep resonating chuckle sounded from his savage lips. His simple reply was an affirmative, this was something he though obvious she herself was a Halfling her parents were fae, though he had his doubts of the soundness of her mind. She did after all step into the salt circle willingly, kiss him which is a temporary binding to his kingdom and himself, and finally give up her true name to a powerful creature. She can't know of her true lineage, else she wouldn't be so naive.