Chapter 14: Resolution

Ara Aoki POV

I've realised that I'm not strong at all. Only when am I the strongest can I protect all the people I cherish. I will never let that tragedy repeat itself. I clench my fists tightly. I need knowledge, intelligence is an important power which I am lacking in this new world.

I don't even know what a fallen angel, which is the race given to me. All I know it's probably an angel that was led astray and that's it's a legendary tier race. I mean yeah it can use all elements except light but I feel like there is more to it.  Something that I don't know neither do the rest of society except maybe royalty and other higher ups.

I jump of from my bed dashing towards where the library is. I stand in front of the humangous wooden doors pushing it open. The fresh breeze greets me. The curtains fluttered gently in the breeze. The place was in pristine condition, like how I remembered when I was studying with my butler. 

New white rays shine through window and curtain just the same, showing the beauty of the many tan hues that weave together. The browns are as varied as sand dunes at dawn, as pretty as the lightest of wood carried ashore upon windswept waves. 

Amid the light I see the beams as if they wave with the undulating pleats, yet in truth they are strong and true, giving structure and form. As the moments pass the intensity rises and softens, bold and gentle, telling of the day that passes in the world beyond.

Row after row of neatly lined up books with their spines facing outward. There was a comfortable leather arm chairs situated near the entrance, tables for quiet study, muffled stillness, hushed atmosphere. Overall just got the library vibes.

The bookcase with its inky treasures adorned the quiet room, quiet in that sense of easy solitude and in the sense of gentle seaside hues, soft blues, greys and browns.

There was a spiral stair case leading to the upper floors which I might explore later.

I trace my fingers over the leather books that were smooth the touch. I skimmed across the names.

Magic ores, Mages magic starter, Magic consumption, how to summon a contract beast." The last one doesn't sound bad. I take that book and some other magic related books from simple to complex spells. About the history of the country and about the beasts in the world.

I look around the library for around two hours but can't find the one about the fallen angel. I found books about other races but not my one. There wouldn't be a lot of books about it since is a legendary race that was gone to be extinct.

I accidently trip over my pile of books that I had placed on the floor and hit the book shelf. Luckily it didn't come collapsing down or it would have had a dominio effect. I rub my waist, my eyes falling to the ground where multiple books piled up on each other lay.

I see a dusty book laying on the floor, must have fell out when I hit the shelf. I wipe the dust off and start coughing due to the how much there was. It was literally caked in dust. The dust disappeared into the air as if it were magic.

But once the dust was wiped off it revealed a beautiful book, that was embellished with several gems that seem to shimmer beneath the sunlights. Each were a gorgeous and alluring colouredThey looked quite expensive and magnificent. I could feel it had a lot of mana within it.

I ran a thumb over it's polished surface. A beautiful sky blue color It was polished and cut to perfection. This was what I assumed was something similar to lapis in my previous life. My eyes shifted over to the ruby like gemstone. The brilliant gem bounced rays of rainbow light. Yet in the summer sunlight it glittered like the sun-kissed ocean lapping the sands; the brilliant red hue was so vivid.