~ ~ ~

"See you at 12 am?" Senku asked, we're finally in front of my house. Senku's house is almost next door, just 2 blocks away. I hugged him, which I think he was taken back, and felt his hearty chuckle vibrating on his chest. "See you.." I felt one arm wrapped around me. Senku is very protective and also like a brother to me. He's straightforward and logical, which I always find it funny, and behind that facade is a sweet and concerned science loving child. I watched him leave then I quietly went inside, trying not to wake my mom up. I saw her in the couch, snoring loudly. I grabbed a blanket in the nearest cabinet and tugged her in the couch. I looked around the house and it seems like she didn't finish cleaning. I went in my room and quickly changed into an oversized shirt and shorts. I tied my hair into a ponytail and continued to finish mum's cleaning.

Without waking her up of course.

~ ~ ~

11:50 p.m.

I finally finished washing the dishes, which is the last thing I have to do then I'll prepare myself with Senku's knock on the door. As I was about to leave the kitchen, loud rustles of the bush came from our backyard, followed by some gunshots.

Dear Lord, what's happening?

I quickly went outside, with a frying pan that I got from the kitchen for self defense, and stealthily walk in the backyard. There was another roar and this time,

it sounds like it's in pain.

My inner conscience made me concerned. It must have been the gunshot earlier. As I approach the backyard, I can hear someone grasping for air, but it doesn't sound like human. I clenched the frying pan with my hands as I finally see who's the intruder in the backyard.

So the rumors were true.

"What on freaking earth is a lion doing here.." my mouth slipped out those words which made the lion turn to my direction with red eyes glowing.

Is it mad??

I felt my melanin reduced to the max. My body is literally shaking as the lion angrily approaches me.

"Lord, is the a way of saying my deathbed is near?"

I got cornered by the lion.

Calm down, (Y/N). in a worst case scenario, you must always stay calm so that you can make wise decisions.

Senku's words rings through my head. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, finally calm. I opened my eyes then drop the frying pan on my hand. The lion got startled with the process and with its instincts it tries to bite me. Its teeth grabs my arm while I hiss in pain.

Taming a lion sure is someone's bucket list.

I stare at his red eyes, my body telling that it is alright and I won't hurt you. I reach for my other hand to stroke its fur gently.

12:00 a.m.

The full moon is finally out, revealing a silver colored lion.

"You look beautiful. It's alright, I won't hurt you.." I silently cooed while my arm is full of blood by now.

Its bite starts to loosen, and it was crying. His eyes are desperate calls of help. I continue to stroke its fur until it finally calms down. I giggled when it licked my hand. I forgot about my arm!

"Uhm, stay here.. I'll just patch this up.." I pointed to my arm with bite marks. It sat down like a dog obediently.

Wow this one is smart.

I quickly went inside to grab our first aid kit and treated my wounds. Afterwards, I grab the medical gauge to wrap my wound then followed by the bandage so that it wouldn't leak. Once it's completely patched up, I grabbed some beef jerkey from one of our kitchen shelves. I ran to the lion in my backyard.

That would sound weird for a normal person.

"Hello there.." I whispered and the lion turned to my direction. His eyes are no longer red, it's rather green. It went close to me and licked my face and also my wound with an apologetic look. I chuckled and started to pet it.

"It's alright I know you're scared.. Don't worry I'll protect you.." I grabbed a piece of beef jerkey and feed it to the lion. I could tell it was hungry, after running away from being shot that is.

"Now can I see your wound? I know you're also injured.." The lion hesitantly showed his left hindlimb bleeding.

"Let's also get you patch up and think about everything tomorrow.. my mind and body are both exhausted.." I yawned and gestured it to go inside our house.

Guess Senku was right of me being Snow White.

I think it's great to call it a day since Senku didn't even come. That guy must be exhausted afterall.