🍰・육 || Six・🍰

Start from the beginning

"Weird seeing you here..do you have a minute?" She asked. "I want to talk to you."

"Uh..okay? I guess so." Seokjin nodded.

Seokjin followed behind JiHye, she had taken him to a small, empty table near the large square windows of the café that gave everyone inside the view of the rainy, busy city streets.

The two settle down in the black stools as they chat a bit and drink their warm beverages until JiHye finally brings up the reason of as to why she pulled him aside in the first place.

"Look, I want to make amends with you." She said with a shy, nervous laughter.

"What?" Seokjin asked. "What do you mean?"

"I have a feeling that there's tension between us because of how I..uhm," JiHye blinked and swallowed thickly as her pink fingernails tap on her warm coffee cup. "How I treated you back then, you know..middle and high school and stuff."

JiHye's words took Seokjin by surprise.

Park JiHye was a bully, plain and simple.

Seokjin attended the same hormonal soup called middle school as JiHye and (Y/N), seventh grade in Gwacheon. Seokjin was a scrawny, really quiet kid in school, so painfully quiet.
He was a nobody, really. Seokjin was just a quiet kid who eventually became an outcast and meekly accepted his fate and basically became invisible. It was many months into seventh grade year before anyone really noticed him at all. JiHye and her group of friends, that (Y/N) was not a part of, noticed him but for the wrong reasons. Okay, maybe Seokjin being attractive isn't really a wrong reason, but what is wrong was that they were also drawn to him because he was simply dubbed as being 'insane,' and 'weird'.

Being an outcast with zero friends and being at the tender age of having hundreds of insecurities, Seokjin was real easy to pick on. From slapping his things out of his hands, 'accidentally' pushing him into the lockers or a wall in the hallway, ruining his uniform, blackmailing him to do things for them, spatting insults, anything you could think of. Their whispers and jokes were a routine as well.
Despite all of the torment he was put through, it didn't really bother Seokjin that much, actually..at all. Seokjin had a really stony mask for a face, it was like a devoid for his emotions.

The harrassment also didn't bother him because all it did was prove his point, his beliefs. The fact that people only exist to hurt each other. It wasn't God's punishment on him, it was another human beings punishment on him. And for what? Their own entertainment and possibly because of their own insecurities. He may never know, but the events did confirm one thing for him. It proved his point that the enemy of man is man.

"Oh, it's whatever," Seokjin shrugged, a slight yet uneasy grin on his face as his eyes avoid JiHye's. "What's in the past is in the past. Besides, I didn't dwell on it too much."

JiHye's shoulders ease at her sides as she exhales a heavy breath from her cherry red lips. She batted her long, black eyelashes before flashing a smile. "Okay, good," She laughed. "That's a relief, honestly, you have no idea how good it feels to hear you say that."

"Really? Why?"

"I don't know I just..guilty conscience I guess." She said.

'Guilty conscience? Yeah right, you don't feel bad about what you've done.' Seokjin silently thought, wanting to glare at her and shake his head in dismissal so badly but refrains from doing so.

Seokjin held his coffee cup to his lips to take a sip.

"Uhm..so, I have a question." JiHye blurted out.

Seokjin slowly moved his coffee cup away from his plump lips; swallowing the warm, slightly bitter but sweet tortilla brown colored liquid. "What is it?"