Chapter 53: This Is How We Play The Game

Start from the beginning

"How am I supposed to know if we can trust him? See what this island is doing to me?! It's corrupting me, it has to stop!" The Master of lightning ranted "I'll see you tonight."

"I'll see you guys later" You nodded and teleported out of the booth tray in hand.

"Wait, are you coming or not?" Lloyd quickly asked as she stood by the table.

Rolling your eyes you say "Yes. I just need to take care of something." Before anyone could stop you, you waved goodbye and left to go catch up to Mr. Pale.

You found the Master of light eating his meal by himself.
"May I sit with you?" You asked with a kind smile.

He looked up from his food, his sunglasses staring at you.
"Don't you have your friends to sit with?" Paleman questioned bitterly.

You shrugged your shoulders "Nah, I don't feel like it anymore."

Paleman shrugged and gestured for you to sit if you want to.

"I'm also sorry for Jay's behavior, he gets snappy when he's nervous" you apologized as you sat down to finish your meal.

"It's fine. There wasn't any room for me anyways..." He sounded disheartened.

You frowned at his response. Holding out a hand to shake, you decided to introduce yourself and try to acquaint yourself with the Master of Light.

As you talked, some guilt formed in your chest. Your conscience reprimanding you for your actions and the real reason you approached Paleman.

All to just learn more about your future opponents and their abilities...

~~~

Third Person's Pov:
At the stroke of midnight, the ninja met up in Kai's room. They almost couldn't make it due to all of the guard patrols outside.

"Nice digs" Jay complimented Kai's luxury suite as he took a look around.

Cole was relaxing on his couch saying "I know! His room is so much nicer than mine." He fumed for a moment before his frown melted into a smile.

"Look, chocolate covered shell peas! I love these!" He gushed and enjoyed the snacks.
The earth ninja happily jumped on Kai's bed to enjoy the soft covers.

"And look how soft your pillows are. Man, mine are made of rock. What a crock." He grumbled.

"Okay, it was almost impossible to get here. This place is swarming with guards. Any ideas how we should search the island?" Jay asked as the other three ninja brainstormed.

"We travel by shadow. Cover every square inch of this place until we find him" Kai replied.

Lloyd took a look around, his brows creasing on confusion. "Have any of you seen (Y/n)? Should we wait for her?"

"Let's start searching without her. She'll catch up and we're burning moonlight" Jay reasoned, knowing that's the more logical course to take.

Meanwhile, Cole was lying on Kai's bed barely listening to the three. When he went to stretch his body, he hit something and heard a soft click. 

The earth ninja yelped as the bed flipped over, taking him and his snacks with.

The other ninja didn't even notice.

"The island's big. We'll need to split up" Jay proposed.

Lloyd shook his head stubbornly "No, we stick together."

Cole managed to hit another switch, flipping the bed back upright. He let out a surprised gasp at his own discovery.

"Uh guys. This bed is, uh..." he fumbled disoriented as he sat up.