When he climbs in, no words are spoken just silence as we exit the driveway alone. The engine doesn't purr in this one, so I can't gauge his emotions based on the pressure he puts on the pedal, but we are speeding quite fast.

I lean over, unbuckling my seat belt. "Put it back on." He states, his tone clipped. Then he softens his voice, "Please."

I listen, sliding back to my side and placing my belt back on. "Are you okay?" I ask him, in a small voice.

He almost stops the car, his head whips over to me. "Are you serious Emilia? Are YOU okay is the real question."

Okay, so he doesn't hate me. "But your dreams."

He shakes his head, "Fuck my dreams, my girl just got kissed without her permission. I'm fine, I promise but seeing that made me mad FOR you, not at you sweetheart."

He grabs my hand in his, turning it over to kiss the back of my hand deeply. "You really do look absolutely perfect tonight." I blush at his words.

Suddenly realizing we're heading to the city without the other half of our double date I turn to Aiden. "Where are Ash and Ricky?"

"They drove separately, I wanted you all to myself tonight... but I needed Ashley there too. They left about twenty minutes ago." I wonder what he wants to tell us.

***

We arrive at the restaurant a half-hour later, Aiden escorts me inside the tall cherry wood doors, we bypass the main eating area which is gorgeously decorated.

A smiling hostess dressed in a sleek black dress guides us to a door in the back, handing me a glass of red wine that matches my dress before gesturing for us to go up on our own.

We climb the stairs, I walk in front of Aiden and I can practically feel his eyes burning into my backside, which makes me feel good. I'm craving his touch right now after what happened.

We reach the top and step out onto a beautiful rooftop veranda.

There's only one table on the top, Ricky and Ashley are lost looking at each other. Hundreds of candles dimly light the area with their warm golden glow. Red roses mixed with yellow bloom, even on a crisp fall night.

It makes me think of my mom. I miss her so much.

We walk closer to the table and warmth engulfs me. I look around to notice tall heaters dotting the area, making it cozy and intimate. The guys really went all out on this one.

As soon as we sit down, Ricky notices Aiden's hand. "Why are your knuckles bruised?" Ricky asks, looking between us.

I chime in, unsure of how to explain I just jump right in. "Leo kissed me."

Ashley spits out her drink, "When?"

Aiden speaks now, "He arrived back at the cabin to tell Emilia goodbye right after you guys left."

"Ugh! We always miss the good shit!" Ashley complains, but then she looks at me intently, "You okay?" she asks, her smile sympathetic. "Totally fine," I tell her and mean it. I wiped my mouth about two hundred times already.

"He dead?" Ricky asks, bringing my attention back to the conversation. He takes a sip of his whiskey while he listens to Aiden.

"Nah." Aiden smiles, "But he'll be gone when we get back and we won't see him again. Let's enjoy the night. No more talk of that fucking idiot."

Dinner arrives, and by dinner, I mean courses. Mounds and mounds of food. Seafood, soups, salads, steaks... some of the most delicious desserts I've ever tasted. Hands down the best restaurant I've ever been to.

Aiden finishes his bourbon, "Okay, now for what we brought you here for."

Me and Ash are practically on the edge of our seats, he leans in as if there are others around on the empty rooftop. "We're leaving the safe house."

Ashley squeals, "When?"

"How?" I ask, stunned. "I love the idea, but we don't know who took you... how is it safe?"

Aiden and Ricky look at each other for a moment. Finally, Aiden leans forward "So I've had a body double placed at my apartment, he goes to my office too. No one has tried anything. I keep him heavily guarded, just like I'll do with us but there have been times when he stood by a window for a little longer than I normally would have and times where he went out without a guard and he's fine."

I still don't understand. "How good can this double be? Wouldn't someone looking for you, figure out that it's not you?"

"Show her." Ricky says, gesturing to Aiden's phone.

I wait, and Aiden unlocks his screen, sliding down to a photo of the double who looks... identical to him. "Holy shit." I say.

Ashley peers over, scoffing. "What the fuck? He could steal your life!"

Aiden laughs, sliding his phone in his pocket. "I've been using him for years. He's even done stand-ins on business meetings for me. Really good guy." Aiden smiles, "and handsome as fuck too."

Aiden's emerald eyes slice through mine, "We can go back to the city..." he says, his eyes roaming my face for an answer. "Or we can get a house in the suburbs, close to your moms."

"You call that a house?" Ricky laughs, tossing back the last of his whiskey. "That thing is a fucking mansion." So they've been planning this for a while. My heart is so full.

Aiden rolls his eyes, his full attention on me.

"As long as you're there I don't care where the fuck we go. Your schooling will work in either place." He bends his head down, looking at me through thick lashes, "So what is it, Emilia. 'Mansion'" he air quotes, "Or back to the city?"

♥️

Where do you think Emden is going? Do you want to see them start fresh in a mansion or return to the city? See y'all Thursday!

And for those who don't have Insta, here's the cover 😍😍 I don't have a specific date set but it will be January of 2020, you guys will be the first to know when it's ready for purchase! Paperback through Amazon & Ebook worldwide through Kindle ♥️♥️

And for those who don't have Insta, here's the cover 😍😍  I don't have a specific date set but it will be January of 2020, you guys will be the first to know when it's ready for purchase! Paperback through Amazon & Ebook worldwide through Kindle ...