27 | under the mistletoe

i can't resist enemies to lovers

summary: highschool holiday parties can lead to unfortunate circumstances... especially when it involves your lifelong enemy and one godforsaken garnish. 

warnings: lots of swearing, angst AND fluff, mentions of alcohol and gross horny teens

was this inspired by a tiktok? that's something i'll never tell. 
xoxo, gossip ryn

+ + +

You had no idea why you were at this goddamn party. 

It was either the way MJ begged you to go or how the idea of a holiday food table made your mouth drool, but you somehow ended up standing in a stranger's house, music buzzing through your ears, with a resting bitch face as you watched the horny teenagers dance in a way that most definitely wasn't approved by Jesus. 

Sure, you were most definitely a teenager, but you were lacking in the whole desperate-for-attention-so-let's-go-to-a-party-and-grind-on-each-other's-no-no-squares department. 

You shoved another mini lemon cake into your mouth as you watched the crowd, almost entertained at this point. MJ had wandered off, probably to investigate the house, while you resided at the food table with about half of its contents already in your stomach. 

Finally acknowledging your need for water after all the food, you walked over to the drinks, pouring yourself a cup and praying that it wasn't vodka. 

It was. 

You groaned, swallowing it down with a sting. The leftover liquor splattered into the sink as you dumped it down the drain then threw away the cup. Nobody needed any more alcohol tonight, especially with the horrid reek that filled the house. 

The conclusion had been made- you were done with this party. 

Thankful that you and MJ rode separately, you shot her a text and made your way through the crowd, eager to smell fresh air.  

You found yourself stopped in the doorway out of the living room, fishing for your keys, so preoccupied that you hadn't noticed Peter Parker right in front of you. You finally got your keys out, sighing as you raised your head to meet eyes with the curly-haired boy. 

Your reaction spiraled from shock, to confusion, then to plain annoyance. To your right, the crowd had turned their attention to the two of you, music halting and people blocking the struggling Peter from an escape route. On your left, it was the exact same. 

"What the fuck?"

Peter stops trying to escape the situation and looks at you, then shifts his eyes up to the ceiling. "Right over your head, dumbass."

You look up to see the stupid plant you'd always despised. Mistletoe. Sure, it was kinda cute, but under certain circumstances. Not when you were face to face with the boy you've hated ever since you were six years old. 

"You know what, Parker?" you say, returning your attention back to him, ignoring the 'ooh's from the crowd. "Being this close makes it really easy for me to sock you hard in the face."

"Then do it."

Surprise catches you but you shake it off, cocking a brow at him. "Don't be stupid, Parke-"

"No, no, I mean it. I know you've wanted to lay it on me for a while and now's your chance," he says, almost too nonchalantly. The only thing keeping you together is the fact that the crowd is seeing Oh So Innocent Peter Parker's bad side. "Gimme your best shot."