Chapter eleven - Cedrics Promise

Y/n pov

You were up bright and early, you got out of the Slytherin common rooms to be immediately pestered by two red head twins.

"What?'" You ask darkly.

"Listen time is running out and we need you to help us brew a aging potion, we're good but you're like-" You cut George off.

"Really good."

"Exactly." Fred answered.

"Fine, but it won't work over Dumbledore." They just did a dismissing hand motion.

"But you'll help us?" Fred asked.

"Yes." You sigh.

"Yes!" They shouted together high fiving.

You helped the twins with the potion it was easy but you see how on their own they'd have made a few minor mistakes, nothing that would ruin the potion, but it wouldn't be as potent. You then give them to vials to fill.

"I'm coming with you two to watch the show at least. Wait five minutes before shaking it twice then go downstairs to use it." You told the two before going downstairs yourself and waiting for the show to start. The potion was perfect but you knew it wouldn't work. Dumbledore was too smart for that.

You went down and then you saw Cedric getting pushed by his friends into the hall.

"Ced! Cedric!" You called making him turn around to see you.

"What are you doing?" You ask your arms crossed.

"He's putting his name in the goblet." One of his friends ask.

"Are you sure about this Ced?" You ask biting your bottom lip.

"Yeah... Um stay near, I need to talk to you afterwards... in private." Cedric said getting some of his friends to giggle.

You nodded and followed him watching him get pushed into the circle. You see him look at you and you nod telling him you'd support his dumb decision as he put his name in. He then hugged his friends before dragging you out into the empty hall.

"Okay so I have a plan and I need your help." He said.

"Of course, Ced anything." You say with a smile.

"I need you to date me." You stared at him blankly for a few moments before collecting yourself.

"What!?" You shout Ced puts his finger to his lips.

"Shhh."

"Sorry, but what?" You ask again.

"I need you to uh... temporarily fake date me." Cedric clarifies.

"Why?" You ask.

"Well, I want to ask this girl out... but she never notices me." Cedric stated.

"First off I know its Cho Chang. And second, what? Your hoping because I'm the great bloodline of Merlin and am well known she'll notice you?" You ask.

"Yes." Ced squeaks. Knowing how bad that sounds out loud.

"Cedric you're a nice guy, just ask her out."

"Y/n, can you please, please, do this for me, think about it this way, showing that some girls are into me will make me look more desirable." Cedric begs.

"Fine." Cedric picks you up in a hug. "But only because were best friends, and I want you to be happy even if this plan is counter productive. But there's one condition." You said as he puts your down.

"Which is?"

"You can't fall deeply in love with me." You said with a smile.

"Only if you don't end up madly in love with me." He jokes back at you.

"No problem." You joke.

Cedric was about to come back in with you when you heard two loud red heads and you knew you wanted to see the result. You see them walk in quite loudly and you sit beside Hermione while Cedric tells his friends about his new 'Girlfriend'.

"Yes! Lads we've done it, cooked it up this morning. With the help of our fine potions expert." Fred pointed out, you bowed with a smile.

"You do know it won't work." Hermione muttered to you.

"Yep, I warned them, they don't care." You muttered back making her giggle.

The two shake it and take a large swig and hop into the circle. They both put their names in and cheer you think for a second it has worked, the suddenly blue flames shot from the goblet making them fly backward out of the circle and hitting the ground near the entrance. They started growing grey beards and grey hair and began to wrestle eachother to the ground.

"I did warn you." You and Dumbledore said in unison making you laugh.

"I suggest you go to madam Pomfrey, some other students to decided to age themselves a bit too, though no one has a beard as amazing." Dumbledore said.

You stopped looking at the twins when a handful of students from Durmstrang including Krum came in and dropped his name in the goblet, he gave a small smile to Hermione before leaving with his friends, his presence being such a big thing, people were fawning over him. You just walked over to Cedric and told him that we should help the twins up to the medical wing.

His friend watched as you and him walked together a few oooo's being heard, you blushed ignoring it and moving closer to Cedric.

********************************

You helped the twins up and they saw how close you and Cedric were standing.

"So, you told her about the plan?" Fred asked.

"Wait, you two know?" You ask.

"Yeah, we're helping him along with it." You nodded no wonder it was so dumb.

"ugh." You rolled your eyes.

"Plus, we'll tease you about eachother constantly as if it were normal." Fred said. Little did you know how true that was.

"Next potion you ask me to make I might slip in some poison." You said.

"Okay, I get it." Fred said his hands up defensively.

"You better Weasley." You warned.

"Hey is that anyway to talk to your elders." George asked stroking his beard. You glared at the two of the laughing twins and they stopped laughing.

"Right, right, powerful witch." Fred said.

You helped the twins and just talked with Cedric until the day ended because little did you know, as of tomorrow everything would change for you.

(Real fun comes next chapter I wonder who our champions will be? 😈)

Slytherins Heir [Draco X Reader] - Year FourOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara