🧪Chapter 9 ~ Light🧪

Start from the beginning

"I thought I'd seen your face somewhere. You're Asagiri Gen." Senku said.

"Are you acquainted?" Kohaku questioned. 

"No, not one bit. He's a magician who used to write trashy psychology books." Senku explained.

"You've read my work? I'm so happy. Calling it 'trashy' hurts, though. Call me a mentalist." Gen said, "Look, I'll apologize for taking the ramen, so would you please lower your weapons? I'm so scared, my arms and legs are trembling. I might spill this delicious ramen."

Ginro dropped his weapon. "I-I'll hold it for you!" Ginro said while drooling a bit.

'Deceitful...He's not terrified in the slightest.' [Y/n] thought.

"I was looking for food by myself when, surprise, the nostalgic scent of ramen hit me, and I wandered over." Gen said.

Senku chuckled. "Sure, whatever. I'll take your word for it. Either way, there's no such thing as a free lunch." Senku said and smirked evilly, "Everyone who's had ramen has work to do."

And like that, everyone who had a bowl of ramen had to pump air into the furnace. They were screaming and groaning in agony. "We upgraded the blowing function! Iron mill furnace, level 2!" Chrome announced, and Kohaku took Ruby's place at the pump.

"I think this'll work if we take turns." Kohaku said. [Y/n] stood by and kept watch of Gen.

"Asagiri Gen. How are Taiju and Yuzuriha doing?" Senku questioned.

"Oh, I see." Gen said, tiredly, "You thought you could get me to fess up while I'm busting my ass. You have guts, pulling tricks like that on a mentalist."

[Y/n] glared at him slightly and walked closer to Gen and Senku.

"Don't worry, though. Taiju-chan's got an especially bottomless supply of strength. You know, don't you, Senku-chan, [Y/n]-chan?" Gen said and turned with an evil smirk.

[Y/n] took a step back with fear written on her face. "He's definitely with the long-haired man. Should I kill him?" Kohaku asked while pulling out her knife.

"Hold it, idiot. Asagiri Gen. You ten billion percent knew I was trying to make you talk. Why did you suddenly decide to admit that you're with Tsukasa?" Senku asked.

"The tides have turned now that I've seen this." Gen said with a smile and looked up at the furnace.

The next morning while the people continued to heat the iron. Senku led Gen and [Y/n] to the forest so they could talk privately.

"Why are you here?" [Y/n] got straight to the point. Gen chuckled and smiled.

"You don't waste any time, do you, [Y/n]-chan?" Gen said.

"I don't have any trust for Tsukasa, or anyone associated with him." [Y/n] said and held her trembling wrist.

"My job is to confirm that Senku-chan is dead and to locate where you were, [Y/n]-chan." Gen said,

"'Senku is alive.' '[Y/n]'s living among the villagers.' With that, Senku would be dead, and [Y/n] would be taken to Tsukasa. That was the plan. But if you complete your iron weapons, there's no telling who will win."

Senku's never seen [Y/n] stare at someone with so much anger and hatred. The grip on her wrist tightened. She was scared. [Y/n] was scared of anything that threaten her life and her happiness. One happiness being Senku...

"I..." She spoke and took a breath. 

'No fear, [Y/n]. For Senku.' 

"I-I will not beg you to spare us nor will I submit myself to Tsukasa. As far as you know, I was living in the village until the grief of Senku's death led me to commit suicide." [Y/n] growled then turned and walked away.