"I understand that but no." He shook his head. "I'm okay with you helping me solve this but I can't let you go anywhere near this."

"Don't be an asshole."

"I'm not. What kind of cop lets a civilian wander into potential danger?" He tried to reason with her. "You can't exactly argue with that logic."

"Fine," Alice grumbled. "I suppose you're right."

"Thank you for understanding."

She huffed which made FP laugh. "You know, you whine more than my ten year old."

She gaped. "I do not."

"Yes you do," FP teased. "But I know she's a good girl. I can't say the same about you."

"Hey, what makes you think I can't behave?"

"Alice, you followed me home and accused me of selling drugs."

"That was one time."

"That was yesterday."

"It's all in the past now. We're buddy buddy now, aren't we?"

"Do you promise to not stalk me?"

"Very funny," Alice fondly rolled her eyes.

"I'll take that as a yes." FP cheekily smiled. "We're still on for that dinner, right?"

•••

"Jellybean, sweetheart, it's time for bed." FP came into the bedroom.

"But, daddy, I'm not tired." She was sitting at her small desk drawing a new masterpiece.

"I have to go to work tonight. Don't you want me to tuck you in before I go? I won't be able to later."

"Can I at least finish this before I get into bed?"

"Of course," FP was reasonable about it. He also couldn't say no to his little girl. "Whatcha working on this time?" He walked towards her but she sprang up to push him out.

"No, you can't see until I'm done."

"Okay, okay." FP chuckled. "I'll be out here if you need me. Tell me when you're done."

"Give me five minutes," Jellybean shut the door.

"That won't be the first time she will kick you out of her room." Jughead joked.

FP widened his eyes. "Don't remind me." His daughter is growing up and he isn't ready for her teenage years coming around the corner.

He took a seat across from his son. He could see him staring at his computer screen. "What are you up to? Or are you gonna kick me out too?"

Jughead let out a chuckle. "It's homework. My English teacher assigned a writing assignment based on The Sun Also Rises so now I have to write my own little story and use symbolism." He looked up from his laptop to see the goofy look on his father's face. The man was just in awe with his son. "What?"

"Nothing. I'm just so proud of you." FP had the biggest smile on his face. "You know, while you were away I was always wondering if you still spent your time writing, thinking up stories." He could see a smile perking up on his son's face. "Nose in book. Typing away."

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Jughead closed his laptop. "But let's talk about you. What do you think of that news reporter?"