Escape

hey thanks for all the readers guys, I hope you like this next   part of the story and Ill try to publish the next one sooner than this one took k hopw you enjoy

*********************************************************************************************************

    I went back into the party and walked right through it to the front door. As I was opening it a gust of wind came rushing toward me and into the whole room. people shouted at me to close it. So I walked outside and did as they said. After I shut the door the wind stopped its whirlwind. Cari came out right behind me. "Hey is everything okay?" She shouted for reason I didnt understand. I turned to face her and saw her hair whipping around, she was struggling to stand in the wind that I couldnt feel.  I walk over to her and immediately after I am about 3ft from her the wind seems to have stopped around her as well.  Wiping her hair back behind her ear, "well that was strange, where do you think that wind came from?"  Looking and feeling completely confused I shug. "No idea, but whatever it is it stopped now.  So what did you want to ask me before?" trying to change the subject. She allows it, "well, after I saw you walk out I wanted to know if you were okay? You aren't going home are you?" She looked worried and I couldn't make her feel bad. So I did the best thing I was good at, I lied.  "No its just a bit crowded in there so I wanted to come out for some fresh air. I"ll come back in when I can breathe again, okay?"  She nods in agreement as I speak. "well I think we both got a bit more then fresh air coming out here huh?" she smiles. It takes me awhile to figure out she was talking about the wind that didnt seem to touch me.  "Yeah I guess we did." we walked back inside, but before I closed the door I glanced back to see a strange figure standing at the edge of her driveway. It was in a long black cloak with a hood hiding their face. They were tall and lanky, who ever they were. Without mentioning the figure to Cari, not wanting ot worry her. I close the door and follow her to the snack table. Where I get a glimpse of some kid pooring some type of liquid out of his sleeve and into the punch bowl. 'probably alcohol' I tell myslef. but when Cari goes to get some I grab her hand away from the punch ladel. "what's wrong Ani?" she turns and asks me in shock. "Don't someone just spiked that if you drink it you'll get drunk"  Cari just looks at me for a minute and laughs. "Oh relax Ani, this is a party, who cares if we get some alcohol here, that is what makes things fun." I let go of her and spet back in suprise. "what's wrong with you? We are only 16!" Cari looked shocked by my reaction but I don't care. I just can't believe Cari, MY safe protectful, shy, loudmouth, Cari just said those words. I shake my head trying to focus on the things around me. I turn around and walk away. In the distance I hear Cari, "Come on Ani, Come back alright I won't drink okay, just don't leave you just got here!" Without noticing I bump into Tess. "Where are you going in such a rush, Anikin?"  She never did like saying people's nicknames she always used their full names when being serious. "I can't believe Cari is drinking alcohol...Knowingly!" I turn to face her.  Tess turned to face the way I came. "Yes, she has changed since we first met. But you have to understand her reasoning Anikin." She turns back to me, "her parents are never home she is living byherself most of the time now, In front of them she acts as though it is okay, but behind those lies she is scared of being left alone forever, she finds comforts in that drink I guess" I stand still in complete shock. Tess looks at me as though trying to force me to understand. I try to look away but I am cought in her stare. "Fine, I won't leave but I cant just stand there and watch her get drunk what if someone tries something while she is messed up?" I look back just to see some guy talking ot her. She giggles. "yes, we will have to watch her so lets go and do it." Tess says and walked toward Cari. I follow, and get ahead of her. "Hey back up Bucko she doesn't like you she is just being nice" I say cruely toward the guy just rubbing his hand up and down her arm.  He turns to face me and Tess then glares and me and turns to leave. Cari spins angrily toward me. "why did you do that he was being nice!" "He was trying to get you to go upstairs with him, Cari!" I snap back at her. she stumbles away from my words, and looks at Tess for backup. Tess only shakes her head in agreement to my small yet true speech. "Come on, Cari lets get you away from this 'punch', It is hurting your reputation" We both grab an arm and take her to the back of the kitchen, where two kids are making out. "Hey get another room there kitties" I glare at them as they scramble off. Tess pulls out a chair and I set Cari onto it. "thank god, You are small Cari other wise I would never have held you." She only looks and giggles at me. I turn to Tess. "She is messed, Think coffee will help?" She looks over at Cari, "No she is to far gone, we just need to wait it out." We pull up chairs and wait. After Cari passes out and we take her upstair and lock her in her bedroom we go and shout for everyone to clear out, Mention of parents and police helps it go quicker." It's around 10:55 and me and Tess are cleaning up so Cari doen't get into trouble when her parents got home. Finally at 11:30, I say goodbye to Tess, go up, pick lock and check on Cari, then go outside and call for a ride home. Dad answers the phone, "Hello?"   

"Hey Dad, Its me Anikin, I am ready to be picked up."

"So can't you drive your own car back here?"

"No, I don't know how to drive yet, let alone have a car of my own"

"Then you are in trouble aren't you? You better get walking because its almost your curfue and you don't want to be late for that now do ya?"

"Dad, come on mom said ..."

"I dont care what  your mother said, I say you walk and if your late then that's your own fault!"

"Fine I'll get my own ride home!" *click* Sighing I turn to go back inside, Tess looks up, "Need a ride home?" I nod "I just hung up on him, Man am I gonna hear it when I get back."  Tess looks sympathetic. Out of us three Tess is the one with the most normal life.  Cari's parents are never home, and mine ... well you get the idea.  Tess goes to get her keys and we walk out side. Hey did I mention that Tess is really 17 and already has her own car and driver's license. We get in her little car and drive off. Around 11:56 she pulls into my driveway. "Thanks again for the save Tess, I'll pay you back one of these days" She only nods as though to say 'yeah whatever, good luck with your father' and she drives off. I walk to the door and open it. and the first thing I hear is:

"How dare you hang up on me like that... and how did you get home on time!?"

"I got a ride from Tess"

"Well then your grounded for a month!"

"Why? I was on time for getting home!"

"because you didnt obey my instructions ....."

"Obey your.... I am not yoru slave to obey  your every whim. I am yoru child to which you are to treach me as one. not like your dog!"

"Don't you dare talk back to me like that! or else ..."

"Or else what? You'll kick me out like you have been trying to for years, well fine you dont have ot wait any more. I am sick of this place I am leaving so merrry christmad you get your wish"

    I turn on my heel and walk right back out the door. I figure Tess heard the yelling as she was leaving because, there she was leaning against her car back in my  driveway.  "Need another ride?" I can't help it I run up to her and hug her. My tears roll down and onto her shoulder. "thankyou Tess..." 

"No problem"

***********************************************************************************************************

So what now? what do you think will happen next for Anikin, how aobut Cari and Tess . and dont forget that Figure who do you think that is...

and also dont forget i still need sugestions for a name for the guy who helped Ani in the forest? so comment comment comment guys