Omake Part 1

Omake Part 1

A/N: First of all, I would like to apologize for the very late update. I have dealt with writer's block and it was not an easy task BUUUT I am back :D

Secondly, as I first told you before that there will be an omake which is here, I have decided to divide it into two parts as I realized that it would be too long to be one chapter. Every character that will appear here is from the original anime (I hope you still remember them all!)

Thirdly, enough for the long chatter and lezz go, I hope you enjoy the first part!

-xxx-

The weather is getting colder and the nights are getting longer. Dry leaves on the ground, crunching beneath their feet. The chilling wind overnight and misty morning.

Autumn is just around the corner.

"But why so soon?"

Dororo asks with downcast eyes. Hibukuro kneels to meet her frown.

"I have a clan to lead, Dororo." he pokes her cheek. "C'mon, don't let me leave with a face like that." he says with a smile.

Hibukuro and his group are going to return to their camp after two weeks of stay in Daigo. The bandit clan leader had already fulfilled his task of visiting his daughter and having a talk with the daimyo about their political allegiance. Their truce, as demanded by Hyakkimaru, is to be strengthened by his marriage with Hibukuro's heiress. Both clans agreed that Daigo will support them against other samurai clans. In return, Hibukuro's clan will help the domain with finances following the war against the Asakura.

At the end of the family meeting, it was agreed that Hyakkimaru and Dororo are to be wed by the end of Autumn.

The young lady tries to stop her father from leaving so soon. Well, it isn't 'soon' per se. It's just Dororo still wants to be with her father more. However, she also understands that their clan needs him and a leader's presence around their camp is vital. She looks at him with sad puppy eyes and a pout.

"I will come back a week before your wedding." Hibukuro promises, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Dororo nods reluctantly.

"That's three months from now..." she grumbles.

He opens his arms wide inviting her for a hug and Dororo throws herself to him.

"Take care, I'm going to wait!" she hugs her papa tightly.

Hibukuro pats her head after a nod and looks behind her.

"See you in three months."

The young man from behind gives him a firm bow. Hyakkimaru stands at the back and watches as lord Hibukuro climbs on his horse. His men surround him and wave their hands at Dororo, every single one of them trying to console her although some tease her not to cry like a baby.
"Shuddup!" Dororo shrieks with a reddened, embarrassed face. Their bandits love to tease her a lot. Everyone chuckles at her reaction including Hibukuro.

"We will go now." the bandit clan leader states and glances at his daughter and Hyakkimaru one last time before going.

The two of them watch the departing group until they are completely out of their sight. Dororo sighs and Hyakkimaru stays beside her. She remained motionless, staring at a distance where her father was.

"Dororo," Hyakkimaru calls. She glances at him and sighs again before deciding to come with him inside the house.

He observes how she plops down on the veranda, looking at Midoro and Chibi smelling each other from afar in the grassy field nearby. True to his words, Hyakkimaru allows Chibi to roam freely with Midoro in the castle grounds on which Dororo is happy for the foal to be with his mother every day.