Chapter 1

Daigo Kagemitsu is an ambitious man.

And he has no qualms on betraying even his honor just to maintain his power and conquer the world. Yet there are many things he needs to consider in getting a hold of all of these. Their rival clan, Asakura, is just around the corner threateningly, lurking behind the shadows beneath an ominous danger that they carry. In addition to this is the bitter truth that his land is facing the lack of supplies and finances from countless of war in the past. Drought brings famine and his people are ill.

Daigo Kagemitsu alongside with his troops from a week-long journey from an extremely important meeting just arrived in his Domain. He goes directly to his castle to rest but his mind is nowhere near resting at this state. He paces back and forth alone in his room, arms on his back before hearing a knock on his door.

"My Lord," Says his most trusted advisor. An old man summons himself inside and Kagemitsu pauses before sitting on a chair. The official bows, his long, white goatee almost hitting the floor.

"I have now arranged a move to solve the village's dilemma. Soon it will be over." The daimyo says without a doubt in his voice.

Confused, the man before him tilts his head and clears his throat to reply.

"But my Lord, where have you been? It has been a week and you haven't told anyone among the other officials about your whereabouts. I daresay even the young masters and her Ladyship are just as clueless as us."

The room fell in a dead silence before Kagemitsu speak. But there is something in his expression that even his most trusted subordinate cannot comprehend.

"A bandit named Hibukuro and his clan agreed to help us."

 The advisor's confusion sky rockets, thinking he isn't hearing him clear. Daigo Kagemitsu is not only a feared daimyo but also wise one. He will not hesitate to throw everything out the windows if that will give them back what they had.

Peace, money, power.

"Hibukuro?" the man asks again, uncertain on how to react. It isn't a question that they should be hellbent in saving the village but still, the Daimyo turning to bandits is a shock.

He hears many things about this bandit leader named Hibukuro. Rumors says he has a mountain of money hidden somewhere, not that anyone can prove it. But Hibukuro and his clan is notorious on raiding samurai forts, making a name of his own.

"I signed a treaty with them which is to give us financial needs in exchange of military support." Kagemitsu explains and closes his eyes as the advisor waits patiently for him to elaborate more about this 'treaty'.

"To fulfill this, one of my sons will now enter a formal agreement Hibukuro's daughter."

The sound coming from the advisor's nostrils is loud enough to be heard in every corner of the room. Frankly, he cannot believe what he just heard.

"Hibukuro's daughter, my lord?" The advisor asks in a frown. "I thought he only have one child and it's a son?"

His words fall on deaf ears as Kagemitsu's focuses on his plan. He stands, hands on his back and sighs watching the horizon.

"Takeshi,"

"Yes, my lord?"

"Send a messenger to Hyakkimaru to return to the castle this instant."

Kagemitsu's voice is stern and direct as usual yet Takeshi takes it as he misheard him a bit. Hyakkimaru, Daigo Kagemitsu's eldest son and heir of his land went for a diplomatic mission together with a few people in a not-so far away land. The advisor contemplates for a moment, rewinding the words of his master before replying with affirmation.