Edmund pevensie :arrange marriage

Imagine: Having an arranged marriage with Edmund Pevensie and slowly falling in love with him.
-----------------------------------------------------------

You were sitting in your new chambers with your husband, Edmund, sitting across from you, “So...”

      “So...?” You repeat. You fall back into silence, until he lets out a yawn, “Tired?”

      “A bit,” He nods, “You?”

      “Yes.”

      “I’ll take the sofa.”      

      “No, it’s fine, it’s a large bed Edmund, we can share.”

      “Are you sure?”

      “Yes.”

      The two of you awkwardly lie down on opposite ends of the bed, and eventually fall asleep.

      You and Edmund had just gotten married, but unlike what you had always dreamed of, you had simply been shipped off to Narnia and married to Edmund in order to forge a political alliance. It wasn’t that you hated him, he was actually a pretty decent man, the only problem was that you didn’t know him, so of course it was awkward.

      You spent the next day with Edmund, the two of you were forced to put up an uncomfortable front around the rest of the kingdom. When you weren’t holding hands, his arm was around your waist, and even when you were sitting, you would be uncomfortably close. Again, it wasn’t as if you weren’t attracted to him, he was truly one of the most attractive men you had seen, but that didn’t change the fact that he was a stranger.

      Over the course of the next few days, you and Edmund were given quite a bit of time to get to know each other, and fortunately, the two of you genuinely got along. Before you knew it, you were actually friends.

      When Edmund learned of your interests in Narnian literature and history, he gave you a tour of the palace library, and after discovering his passion for art, the two of you began spending the days on your large bedroom balcony, you reading and him painting.

      Slowly but surely the two of you began falling for one another. It was evident through both of your actions. You started sleeping closer together, you would hold hands when there was no one around, and on occasion, you would even give each other chaste kisses on the forehead or cheek.

      You were lying in bed one night, trying to fall asleep when a cold gust of wind came through the window. You let out a small gasp, and after a short moment, Edmund whispered, “Cold?”

      You were surprised when you heard his husky voice, you thought he was asleep, “Yes.”

      Yet again, he took you by surprise when he wrapped his arms around you, pressing his chest against your back. Your cheeks heated up when you felt his warm breath on your neck, it was a pleasant change from the cold weather.

      “Do you mind?”

      “No...” You whispered, “Not at all.”

      After another pause, he speaks up again, “How are you liking it here Y/N?”

      Even though you know he can’t see you, you smile, “I love it here. I’ve always dreamed of moving to Narnia, I just never thought it would be through marriage. I’m definitely glad though, this place is just as beautiful as I imagined it would be and the people are absolutely wonderful... and-and it also helps that I was blessed with an absolutely marvelous husband.”

      You can tell that your comment made him smile and it leaves you wondering if he could sense the one plastered on your face.

      “And I must be the luckiest man in the world as I was granted a lovelier wife than I could ever ask for.”

      You turn around, finding yourself closer to him than you thought, and blush once again, “Do you really feel that way?”

      He takes his hand off your waist and instead touches it to your cheek, gently tracing a line from your cheekbone to jaw before pulling you in for a kiss, “Does that answer your question?”

      You smile, “Definitely.”

      He kisses you once again, “Goodnight, sleep well my Queen.”    

      “And you my King.”

End.