Edmund: you were good to me

Edmund watched from the sky above the Narnians fleeing back to the Western Woods. He felt so useless standing up in that tower, doing nothing. “Don’t beat yourself, your highness. We all tried our best,” the phoenix told him as they descend towards Aslan’s how. The sun was rising above the clouds when he regrouped with Peter, who looked tense when he saw Edmund.

As they got closer to the tomb, the rest of the Narnians who stayed welcomed them back, surprised at the solemn looks left on their faces. Caspian didn’t dare to look at Susan or Lucy. “What happened?” Lucy demanded.

“Has anyone seen Y/N?” Edmund asked at the same time.

“Ask him,” Peter spat towards Caspian.

“What? What happened?” Susan asked.

“Me?” Caspian scoffed. “You could have called it off. There was still time,”

“No there wasn’t, thanks to you. If you’d kept to the plan, she might still be alive right now,” Peter angrily argued, ignoring the looks everyone gave to him.

“And if you’d just stayed here like I suggested, she definitely would be!” Caspian yelled.

“Enough! Will somebody bloody tell me where my wife is?” Edmund yelled to both of them. Peter can’t look at his brother’s eyes. He was there when the gates closed, with her inside.

“Last I saw she was holding the gates opened with Asterius. We were about to pull her out, but she demanded to stay,” Peter muttered.

What?

“No. No. Tell me she’s not there! Tell me she’s hiding in here somewhere. Y/N! Y/N please come out!” Edmund begged as he looked around for his beloved wife. Asterius made his way forward, limping while holding his stomach.

“What King Peter said was true, your highness. I was the last one to see her. She forced me out before the gates closed, trapping her inside,” he informed the sorrowed King. Edmund could barely breathe as he tried to process this information. He could’ve helped her. He had the advantage of helping her and he left her in the arms of the enemies.

“Edmund please –” Susan tried to calm him down before he lashed out to Peter and Caspian. Well, mostly Caspian.

“You let her die! You let her die!” He screamed as he pulled his sword from his sheath and attacked Caspian who could barely save himself from being stabbed by Edmund. He blocked the King’s sword and did nothing to stop him, only deflecting each of the stabs that Edmund shoved.

 He blocked the King’s sword and did nothing to stop him, only deflecting each of the stabs that Edmund shoved