Thirty Six

"Yes mom, I'm here." Vernon said as he roam his eyes around. He's at the arrival area in the airport, waiting for his sister.

"Your sister's still not remembering a thing but she insisted on going back there believing she'll recover fast."

Vernon nods. "I'll take care of her, mom."

"Yes, son. Thank you."

"Take care-oh wait she's here. I'll hang up now and call you later." he ended the call and slid back his phone to his pocket. He waves to his sister who just gave him a small smile.

"Hey, oppa."

Vernon patted his head and messes her hair a bit. "I missed you, you know? You've been unconcious for how many months and you flew away to New York the moment you woke up." he crosses his arms.

"Well, here I am.." Sofia is still wearing his small smile that is kinda awkward.

Vernon noticed it. Maybe she's still not remembering a thing and still adjusting. Vernon sighed with the thought.

He grabs on Sofia's trolly and lead her out of the airport and walk straight to their car. He placed the bags inside the car compartment and opened the door for Sofia before he gets in. He immediately starts the engine and flew off.

The whole ride is silent. Sofia only looking by the window while Vernon is focused on the road.

"Hey, Sofia." Vernon speaks still eyes on the road. "I'll go out later, can you manage to stay at home? I'll be back in an instant. I just promised a date with Chloe."

Sofia pauses for a minute before answering. He didn't bother to turn his head to look at his brother. "Chloe?"

"Yes, oh- We attend the same school in New York so you probably knew her. I hope soon, your memory will come back."

"Are you dating her?"

"Er. No. We hang out most of the time but there's nothing romantic between us."

Sofia nods and still keep his eyes on the road as if recognizing all the establishments they passed by.

"You'll get your memory back. Soon. Trust me." Vernon gave her a reassuring smile.

He pulled off and stops in front of a familiar house. The guy immediately gets off and open the door for her. Sofia stares at the two storey house with white colored gate in front of her.

"Welcome home." says Vernon who's carrying her luggages. He opened the gate and let her sister in. They walk inside while Vernon walks straight to the kitchen and comes back with a glass of water. "Here."

"Thanks." Sofia took the glass of water and drink on it. He watch Vernon places her luggages at the side one by one when she remembered something. "Oppa,  remember your friend who's wearing eyeglasses? The one who visited me before I go to New York.."

Vernon furrowed his eyebrows. "Wonwoo hyung? Yes, what about him?"

"Uhm.." she fiddles with her fingers. "Can I get his number..?"

Vernon pauses and flashes a playful smile after. "What? Do you like him?"

"N-no, it's not like that!" Sofia blushes. "There's just some things I want to ask him.."

Vernon nodded and gave his phone to his sister. "Just scan on my contacts."

Sofia found it in an instant and recorded it on his own phone.

"I'm really sorry, Sof. I have to go out now but you can call me whenever you need something, I'll go straight home-"

"No. I can manage. My wound is fully healed and I'm not a baby anymore."