Thirty

"Are you sure you wanna skip the class today?" Mingyu asked, worried.

Seungkwan gave him a small smile then nods. "Yeah, I don't think I can face them. I'm not as strong as you. Plus, I think I need a rest."

Mingyu smiled. He messes Seungkwan's hair then chuckles. "Alright. I'll tell Vernon."

Seungkwan is in the verge of bursting. He hugs Mingyu and burried his face on the guy's chest. "Thank you. Thank you.."

All can Mingyu do is to hug the small guy back, as tight as he can. He rubs his back to comfort him. He already accepted the fact that Seungkwan will never be his, but he promised to himself that he will protect Seungkwan at all cost.

They both pull away from the hug. Mingyu waves his goodbye and hop on his motor bike to head to school. Seungkwan remains standing outside their house's gate as he watch Mingyu's trail until it's gone. He sighs and turn his back to go back inside when he sense a presence. His eyebrow knitted. The presence is a bit familiar but before he can even turn around a girl speaks.

"Hey, Boo Seungkwan."

Seungkwan gapes but it turned to a glare in split seconds. The aura that the girl is emitting is really not inviting. It's too negative and dark. "Chloe."

"Oh, sweetie. You remembered me? It's an honor." she said with a mocking tone.

"What do you want?" Seungkwan asked casually because he doesn't have any kind of idea why this girl is in front of him and is talking to him. Last time he checked, he doesn't have a business to deal with this creature. And other thing, this girl is a human sucker.

Chloe shrugs. "You look stressed." she eyed Seungkwan from head to toe. "Your dear friends already knew your secret, am I right?"

He gritted his teeth. "It's none of your business."

"Hey, hey. Don't be mad." she squints her eyes, trying to look cute but it pisses Seungkwan more. Her presence is unbearable. "But it kinda sucks right? To get the hate?" her innocent smile turn into a mischievous one. One that is calling trouble.

"Just leave, please. I'm not in the mood to have a conversation."

She whistles then crosses her arms. "You know what. That friend of yours taste nice." She licks her lips. "What's his name again? Lee Jooheon?"

Seungkwan froze. Lee Jooheon. His heartbeat races and he doesn't know what to feel. "W-what did you.. Don't t-tell me.. you-"

A confident smile forms on Chloe's lips. "Yeah, I did kill him."

Her words made Seungkwan in rage. In a swift movement, he's already gripping on the girl's arms, squeezing him. "Why. Why did you do that!" his voice is full of anger. His eyes were already firing in red.

"I'm hurt." Chloe said sarcastically and laughs.

His anger rises that his fangs already came out as his grips tightens. "Why the hell did you kill him?!"

"It's just a warning, babe." Chloe grins.

"Warning for what, huh."

"Leave Vernon and never go near him. Again." her expression turn serious while Seungkwan loses his grip in confusion. "Leave him and I'll spare your other friends."

"B-but why.."

"He's mine so back off."

Seungkwan pauses for a while. His blood is boiling and he's on the verge of punching this bitch in front of him.

A confident smirk escapes on his lips. "Why would I, huh? I will never leave Hansol for anything and for anyone. So you're the one who should back off." he take a step forward leaving a small gap between him and Chloe. He's still wearing a smirk. "Never lay a finger on my friends or you'll be the one who will end up dead."

Chloe curl her lips and gave back the same energy to Seungkwan. "So you're disregarding the warning." she take a step back, one at a time. "So be it. Welcome to your doom, Boo Seungkwan." after she took her last step, she vanishes into thin air.

His breathing becomes heavy. He tried his best to act strong in front of her but his knees were giving up. He grips on the gate's metal railing to support himself.

So Chloe was the one who killed Jooheon? She's the one to blame but I have no proof for fucking sake.

He shove his hair off of his forehead and head inside his house while still contemplating on the information he just heard.

----------

The whole day is dull. The whole group is on mess. Vernon and Mingyu didn't joined them during lunch. Soonyoung is nowhere to be seen. They are avoiding each other. Minghao on the other hand, still felt a guilt in him and Wonwoo tries to comfort him. All in all the whole group is still in shock.

Vernon who's ready to go home, received a message from Seungkwan.

From: Kwannie

Meet me at the secret place.

He immediately slid back his phone in his pockets and runs out of the gate. The place Seungkwan is referring is right just in the place's vicinity.

"Seungkwan.."

Seungkwan immediately turn his head to see the newly came Vernon. He taps on the cold ground, an empty space beside him. "Come."

Vernon walks towards him and sat. "Is there anything wrong?"

Seungkwan shake his head while staring at the city below them. Vernon shut his mouth and take a glance at the guy beside him. Seungkwan looks tired but he's smiling and it's hurting Vernon.

"Did you, perhaps, doubt on me?" Seungkwan breaks the silence.

Vernon knows that Seungkwan is talking about the incident yesterday. "No."

Seungkwan gave him a small and weary smile. "What if I really did that. What if I'm to tell you now, that I killed him?"

Vernon shakes his head like a kid that has been offered with a spoon of food that he dislikes. "No. You can't and you never will."

Seungkwan's smile is persistent but a tear starts to fall from his eyes. "Why do you sound like I don't deserve you."

"Hey, Boo-"

"Why are you so fucking nice?" tears keeps on falling but he doesn't bother to wipe it off. "Tell me, do I deserved this? Do I deserve you?"

Vernon exhales. "You're a wonderful person, Boo." he stated before flashing a genuine smile. "You deserve everything."

Seungkwan can't keep himself from crying and let his tears pour. "Hansol Vernon Chwe." he looks at Vernon and see a light. He's falling deep hard and he knows it. He's falling in the depths and he's not afraid of it. Finally, he can say those words without hesitation.

"I love you.. I love you Hansol."