vii. number fifteen, check

Start from the beginning

before colby could move his head to meet her lips, ady ducked her head, placing her lips right below his earlobe, "brush your teeth, brock," she whispered against the skin, then rolled off colby's lap to lay beside him.

colby just stared at the girl, eyes wide. "tease," he joked, poking ady in the cheek once again.

ady laughed, loving the fact that she could be herself around colby. there was no awkwardness between them, and sometimes with hookups, there was.

"anyway," ady said, propping herself up with her elbow, hand pressed against her cheek, "i think it's strange because i barely know you. like i probably know less than five things about you, actually."

"you know more than five things about me," colby argued.

"do you need me to prove it to you?" colby nodded, so ady held up the hand that wasn't holding her up as she began to list what she knew about colby. "well, one, your name is colby brock; two, you hunt ghosts for a living; three, you mix drinks way too strong; four, you drive a shitty little car; and five, you have a big dick."

colby laughed loudly at the girl's response. "you're kind of fiesty in the morning."

"get used to it," ady joked while poking the boy's side.

colby raised an eyebrow, looking down at the girl. "oh, so is this gonna be a regular occurrence now?"

ady immediately felt her cheeks heat up. even though she knew he was joking, she was still embarrassed that that is what she insinuated. "shut up," she groaned, slumping down to press her head into the space between his neck and his shoulder.

colby laughed a little, "hey, if i didn't want you here, i would've kicked you out after we fucked last night,"

this time it was ady's turn to laugh, but it was somewhat muffled against colby's bare skin. "you're a true gentleman." she mumbled sarcastically.

as the two laid together all snuggled up, ady couldn't help but think how strangely comfortable she was with colby. she thought back to her previous hookups, and it was very rare for her to spend the night, even more so to spend the morning. yet here she was, not one, but two nights in a row with the same boy. ady knew as she laid there, cheek pressed against the boy's chest, that this was going to be more than a one night stand for her. she could only hope that colby would feel the same.

and colby was trying his best to make it apparent to ady that she wasn't his typical hookup. he let her spend the night with him, and he could count on one hand how many times that had happened before. he cuddled with her for at least an hour in the morning and even postmated breakfast for the two.

but ady was oblivious to colby's hints.

a few hours had passed and it was now one in the afternoon, so ady felt that she had overstayed her visit. "i should be going," ady said, sitting up in the bed with the blanket wrapped around her legs. "i have a group meeting today and then two assignments due tomorrow."

it sounded a lot like an excuse to leave, but it was far from it. ady would stay in colby's bed all day if she could, but didn't want to come off as a clingy hookup.

colby pouted, but ady couldn't see because she was changing out of colby's shirt and back into her dress from the previous night. he wanted to ask her to stay, but didn't want to overstep. "yeah, i guess i could do some editing," colby responded, wanting it to seem like he had things to do even though he planned on staying in his bed all day.

ady reached for her small black bag on the floor, then gave colby a small smile. "big work guy, hey?" ady joked.

colby rolled his eyes as he flung his sheets off his lower body. he was still only wearing a pair of boxers, but ady didn't mind at all.

colby led ady out of his room, lingering by the kitchen counter as ady gathered her belongings. she slung her purse over her shoulder, then spun to face colby. with her hand on the doorknob, she uttered a quick, "i'll see ya around, brock."

she opened the door, hovering in the doorway. "don't be a stranger, though." ady shot the boy a smile, and before he could respond she was out the door and on her way down the hallway.

- - -

ADALYN POSTED A PHOTO !

LIKED BY PARKERELLIS AND OTHERS

ADALYN "pretend i said something funny"

view 397 comments!

USER23 ur hot
ADALYN no u

PARKERELLIS little black dress
ADALYN i can't take anymore
PARKERELLIS why are u like this 🥴🥴
ADALYN 1D forever baby !!!!!!!!

USER8 but the question is, did u laugh?
ADALYN i never laugh

USER16 "i'm driving over rn" **posts insta**
ADALYN i don't deserve this shade

ROSAAA ur that bitch
ADALYN i'm ur bitch
ROSAA too far
ADALYN 💋💋💋

ANDREARUSSETT exposed
ANDREARUSSETT we cute tho
ADALYN tru

ANDREARUSSETT followed ADALYN !
ADALYN followed ANDREARUSSETT !

- - -

2 NEW MESSAGES FROM ANDREARUSSETT !

ANDREARUSSETT

you're alive!!

what happened last night
after you and colby left?

ADALYN

😌

ANDREARUSSETT

i knew it!! tell me everything

ADALYN

ok give me like fifteen minutes
i'm just turning on the freeway

ANDREARUSSETT

just facetime me

xxx-xxx-xxxx

THOUGHTS

hi, friends.

i'm so sorry for my absence. i lost
someone very close to me at the
start of january, and needed time
to process and grieve. i'm back
now, though, and very happy to
continue writing this fic.

all the love,

d