Part 37~ Back Again

The anxiety begins to well up in me as we approach the large, black door with gold embellishments. I reach toward the golden handle only to stop before my fingertips touch the door.
"I-I don't know if I can do this."

"Don't punk out now. Just pull the door open."

"But what if it doesn't go well?"

"Then it doesn't. Nothing to get upset about."

"But.." He turns me around to face him and looks down at me with a reassuring expression. "It will be fine. Just breath and open the door."

"Okay." I turn away from him and reach for the handle again fighting the nervousness and anxiety in me.

I grab the handle and slowly pull the door open. The area is dimly lit, I can barely see a thing.

"It's so dark."

"Ah, allow me to fix that." A male voice rings out from the left of me. The lights come on to reveal a beautifully decorated living room. Dark brown wood flooring, cream-colored curtains, and 2 chairs and couch. The same color as the curtains. A dark-colored coffee table sits close to the couch, it's adorned with a few books and a remote for the flat screen tv sitting above the fireplace.

I pull myself away from the site and look to see who the voice belongs to, there's a man casually leaning up against the wall looking at us with a small smile. He's clean-cut, short dark brown hair, about 5'9, medium brown eyes.

He walks over to greet us and looks at me. "You look so much like your mother."

I stand still and look back at him not knowing what to say.

"You've never met me before. So let me introduce myself. I'm your father."

"You're my dad?" Curiosity and excitement spread over my face as I hear him talk.

"Yes. I am."

He takes his eyes away from me and looks at Chris. "Cerulli, you can go now."

Chris coldly stares at him and stays silent not moving from behind me.

I quickly try to think of something to say to cut the tension that was beginning to slowly build between them. "Um, this is a nice place."

He diverts his gaze back to me and speaks in a soft tone, "Yeah, it is. Would you like to see your room?"

"I have a room?"

"Yes, you do. You can't stay here and not have a room." he chuckles lightly. "Just follow me and I'll take you to it."

"Wait, I have a question to ask you. The reason I came up here."

"Yes?"

"Can Chris stay here too? He makes me feel safe and keeps me from being reckless."

"You want him to stay?" He raises an eyebrow at me folds his arms.

"Yes. Please?"

He looks over at Chris and speaks in a stern tone, "You were only supposed to take care of her and bring her here. Not have her become attached to you."

He looks back at me, his voice softer. "Very well. Whatever he can stay. But I am only doing this for you."

"Really?!" My eyes light up in excitement at his words.

I turn to Chris and look up at him. "See I told you it would work!"

His cold expression softens and he lets out a small chuckle.

I turn back to my father and ask him another question. "Can he stay in this house?"

He sighs. "Ah, I guess. But he will stay in the opposite wing from your room."

"Wh-"

"That's enough question for now." He interrupts me. " follow me and I'll show you where your room is."

Chris follows quietly behind us as we head to my new room.

This was easier than I thought. Maybe my dad isn't so bad after all.

(Heyo my dudes! It's been a while since I last wrote anything. So I have a question for you guys, should I continue this? I'd like to possibly go in sometime next year and overhaul this story to fix plot holes, make the story "better", be more descriptive, etc... Just to improve everything cause it needs it. Anyways, as always, I hope you enjoy this part!)