It was Amari!

Before he could shout out in surprise, Henry shut off the radio so that no one could hear him. 'A-Amari! What are you doing here? Get out of here now before someone notices you or finds you by accident!' Henry thought, hoping The dragon could hear his mind voice. "(~I came here to watch how you did. And I guess I came here just in time to tell you to keep trying! Look, I think I figured something out: I think I can lend you some of my emotional energy with you~)" Amari explained. 'Emotional energy? How and why?' Henry asked. "(~I don't know, but I feel that with that energy it'll give you a boost. The reason I'm doing this is because I want to help you, just like you helped me. Besides, friends have to look out for each other. Am I right?~)" the furred fury crooned. Henry felt that she was right; that he couldn't give up yet. A few bullets weren't going to stop him from fighting on.
"Ok then. Let's do this!" Henry said as he turned the radio channel back on and pulled up into the sky once again. Moments later, before Amari got off the mecha with a chirping sound, he felt emotions from her flood into him. Those were the same when he and Amari flew together: the feeling of flying free into the sky, with no doubt that anything could happen.

He was now more confident than ever as his eyes glowed bright green.

"XLR8 to base; I request a second round on the test!" Henry said on the radio.
["...Are you sure about that, young man? I mean, the superiors and supervisors are starting to-"] a different voice said on the radio when he was cut off by the voice of Jonas. ["It's fine. Let them restart. I feel that the first test was way too easy."] Jonas said. "You're right. Because I've only been using a small percentage of my ability. Now it's time to become serious and make this a real test, because I'm not quitting yet! Same for you guys down there; don't give up! Give it all you've got!" Henry said on the radio as he increased his speed.
["Henry is right! We shouldn't give up yet!"] Fernando said.
["Looks like the looser lost his mind, but I can't help agreeing with him. So let's do this!"] Scott said.

All of his teammates got rilled up quickly that the opponent pilots got really shocked. Though that didn't stop them from proceeding with the attacks.

["Take this!"] a pilot shouted as he fired his dummy missiles from his Beta mecha. Without hesitation, Henry twisted, dived, and pulled up into abrupt maneuvers that escaped the missiles with precise timing. The same g-forces from before didn't bother Henry now; he was too confident to stop flying. ["Gotcha!"] a voice said from behind as a Flag aimed his rifle and fired a small laser shot. Henry wasted no time as he pulled up his shield, which opened up and blocked the laser. The Flag mecha wasn't able to react when tons of dummy rounds painted the entire frame, the same for the Beta as it suffered the same fate for being awestruck.

["Releasing wasp drones!"] the pilot from a Fjalar fighter said on the radio. In a matter of second, a swarm of quad-rotor drones whizzed towards Henry's mecha. In response to this, Henry soared higher into the sky while shooting dummy rounds down to the drones. Then he realized there were too many.
"Darn! This is never ending. Dr. Elias, how's the charging?" Henry asked in the radio as he dodged the drones and their laser fire. ["Go for it! You're ready with full power to go on Phenix Mode."] Elias said on the radio. "Okay!" Henry said, then switched on the dashboard and selected the mode. This mode was his trump card, and it was going to be a hell of a blast.
Henry threw a grenade up as high as he could then flew into its fire right after it exploded. Just as he was about to enter the fireball, the wings on his flight unit and engine winglets split into smaller pieces, looking like a feathered tip while emitting a white mist. When Henry's mecha came out of the fireball, the wings seemed to contain fire wings. This was his special mode, the one he has designed:

The Phenix Mode!

"Now you'll get a real taste of my mecha!" Henry shouted as he dived down and clapped his mecha's fire wings. The wings took out every single drone that failed to escape as the mecha soared around the airspace with magnificent grace, leaving his teammates and the representatives on the ground shocked. Once it was all over, Henry headed towards the final targets: the Mantas and the Mobile Drone.

'Nightmarish machine...here comes the flame!' Henry thought as he flew at high speeds. Before the drone mechas were able to hit him with chainsaws or dummy rounds, Henry got past them and went head-on towards the leader. The Mobile Drone stopped to hover and unleashed its wire blade. But with no warning, Henry dived under the Mobile Drone and twisted the whole body of his mecha to aim at the underside. "Take this!!" Henry yelled.

SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT!

The rounds hit home.

Elias: *gets up from his seat abruptly*😃YES!!!
Everyone: *looks at him*
Elias: ...Sorry... *sits down*😓
—————————————————————————————————
Alice saw the whole thing unfold right after he beat the Beta and the Flag. She couldn't believe that a lowly wannabe actually pulled out impressive maneuvers like that.

'I'll find out every secret he's hiding right after the semi-final test." she thought with open jealousy as she watched Henry's mecha land.