four

Lana had been playing Flappy Bird for the past ten minutes, each time the bird falling - her frustration building up even more.

By the fiftieth round, Lana finally lost her cool - throwing her phone angrily onto the passenger seat and crashing her palms onto the steering wheel. It's basically one hundred degrees outside, she's stuck in a traffic jam and now found herself losing her shit at some stupid game. Lana wondered if it was possible to go insane within one hour of being sat in some dumb traffic jam. 

 Her eyes couldn't stop flickering over to the boy in the car beside her, now even more curious about him now she knows who he is. Lana remembered that time him and his band had came in for their photoshoot and how much work they were. If they weren't flirting with the make up artists, they were putting out orders for food. She remembered the guy with green hair being pretty cool, though.

Lana decides to speak to Calum first, realising that neither of them were doing anything productive. She didn't want to come across as a two faced bitch though, after she had just insultedhim. She genuinly wanted to listen to him and find out more.

In fact, Lana had a plan. She decided that talking to this famous guy was going to be the start of her career. Once her boss finds out she got to sit with this boy band member for hours in a traffic jam, she'll be the talk of the office. In fact, maybe she'll even get to write a coloumn all about it and put it in the magazine. Lana could see it already. Her name in bold under her exclusive interview. She could just about contain her excitement.

Lana, fixes her make up in the blank screen of her phone, making sure that the boy believes she is presentable enough to make aquaintances with and then Lana would begin her scheme. Lana digs around the floor of her car for a spare notebook and pen to make notes. God, she couldn't handle this.

Lana cooly leans her chin in the palm of her hand against the window ledge, battering her eyelids in the direction to the beauty beside her. "Hey," She calls out, grabbing the boy's attention.

The boy instantly snaps his gaze away from the screen of his phone and over to Lana, widening his eyes at her sudden change of attitude and appearance. The boy seems almost unsure for a moment, but of course, Lana knows guys like this. Boys don't stay mad at girls or who else would give them what they really want?

"I knew you wouldn't be able to stay away for too long, darling," Calum smirks, tilting his head to the side.

Lana's about to roll her eyes, before remembering that this was now her chance to become editor. If she could just get a few truths out of this guy, she wouldn't have to be coffee girl anymore.

Lana sighs, giving the boy a smile. "Perhaps it's the whole bad boy act that makes me so interested in you."

Calum furrows his eyebrows, pausing for a moment, before replying, "Act?" He asks. "What act?"

Lana chuckles, throwing her head back, before grinning to the boy. She shakes her head, still finding herself chuckling a little at the boy's denial towards his whole asshole scam. "Come on, no one can really be that self centred."

Lana thought that if she could get the boy to admit why he acts like such a jerk, that would be the perfect bang for the interview. She didn't want this to me a general interview, she wanted Calum to tell her things that he wouldn't tell anyone else. Lana knows she has plenty of time before the traffic begins to move, which meant plenty of time to dig deep into this boy's life. She wants to know everything.

"Well, maybe I'm just a natural asshole, sweetheart." Calum chuckles.

"Doubt it," Lana says confidently, now choosing to jump at her opportunity. "Most people I know, who act like jerks, have a reason for it."

Calum smirks at Lana devilishly, observing her. "Why the sudden interest in my life?" Calum questions. "You're not going to write some column on me, are you?"

Lana freezes, attempting to think fast for a response now that the boy had jokingly cracked onto her. Calum continues to glare at her, waiting for an answer. Lana bursts into a fake chuckle and rolls her eyes - God, no wonder she failed drama class at school. 

"What?" Lana shakes her head, blushing a little. "Trust me, the magazine has better things to publish about that obnoxious celebrities."

"I'm pretty sure that's all magazines post about, love," Calum shrugs. Calum lets out a deep sigh, his face looking frustrated at the thought of someone writing about him in a magazine, Lana watches his actions closely - hoping that when she reported this whole conversation, it would be perfect. "I just hate that you tell some interviewer about the good stuff you've been doing, you know for fans and stuff, but all that want to focus on is how many times you got drunk in the past ten years."

Lana nods, liking where this was now going. "If you want them to write about how great you are, why don't you just act nice?"

The boy chuckles, shaking his head. "What's the point? If they want me to act like a complete dick, then I'll do exactly that."

Lana can't help but continue her questions, leaning forward in her seat to get a clearer understanding of the boy over the honking of the car horns. "So, you feel like a robot?"

The boy looks at Lana for a moment, his face showing no emotion before he bursts out into laughter. Lana knows from studying psychology that this was just Calum's simple way of avoiding her subject, since the topic makes him nervous. Lana decides to jot a few words down on her piece of paper. Although the boy had lost interest, Lana knows that she still has many more hours to get what she wants. She was not letting this great opportunity go.

"Tell me about you, Lana," Calum shouts over to her, distracting Lana from writing. "Why would a pretty girl like you be into writing when you could probably be some sort of underwear model?"

Lana finds herself angry at that comment, feeling frustrated by how men think if you're pretty - you should be in their porn magazines.

"Why can't pretty girls work for big companies without men questioning it?" Lana finds herself speaking and not really regretting it either. When it came to her job, it meant everything to her and she would always defend herself. 

"Hey, don't have a go at me again, love," Calum quickly says, giving Lana a quick smile before she could continue her rant. "I think you're heading down a pretty cool path. I mean, I always sucked at writing and stuff. I think it's nice that you're so into your job, I understand that feeling."

Lana gives the boy a small smile, knowing that he wasn't trying to cause any harm. She may be attempting to get a few exclusives out of Calum, but she wasn't going to let him be rude to her in the process. Although, Lana figured she should loosen up a little - that would be the only way Calum would spill some dirty secrets.

"Let's play a game," Lana calls across to Calum. 

Calum nods, seeming interested automatically to distract the two of them from their boredom. "What kind of game were you thinking, sweetheart?"

-

ooOOOooo

im sorry for having to wait so long for me to update. blame school. school sucks.