Ch. 6

"This is not up to discussion, Supreme Commander. Besides, it is not even your decision to make on her behalf, nor the Admiral's!"

Syrri had grimaced as she, and her father had made the trek up the hill to his War-Tent, already hearing the squabbles of the two Elite's.

"And it is not your word that is law, Special Operations Officer. Admiral Xytan had asked me to assist him in the matter, and in extension, watchover Syrri. It is you who should mind their depictions, and manners when it comes to the Admiraless's ships."

Syrri had pulled back the draped fabric of tent to see that the two males hadn't even acknowledged her presence, nor Xytan's.

"... This conversation is growing quite tiresome with you, 'Vadamee." Rtas growled to him as they were mere inches from one another.

"And I had already told Syrri that I would not argue with you, either outside, or gods forbid, before her. You should heed her words, as well..." Thel had finally dropped the argument on Syrri's behalf, which had earned him a small gratitude of respect.

Rtas, on the other hand...

"Pfah! Are you truly intimidated, let alone worried about some overgrown, mouthy, ornery Female? True, she may be the Admiral's daughter, but she must've truly hit you hard enough that your mind had come undone, and was put back into place! What? Did she plunge her bare claw into you hollow skull?" Rtas had prodded Thel with sneer.

Thel kept his maw closed as he knew that Syrri, and Xytan were standing in the tent as he had caught a small glimpse of Syrri's armor from the corner of his eye.

Syrri proceeded to tapping her foot in aggravation towards them, finally having a harsh grip of Rtas's attention as Thel had slowly, and calmly turned his head to her.

"Thank you, Thel, for taking my words into... Somewhat, account. Unlike another." Her eyes fixated coldly to Rtas as he had shifted his head to the ground, feeling a slight embarrassment for his behavior, especially towards any female.

"You have my greatest apologies, Admiraless..." Tras had dipped his head with closed eyes towards her.

"And you only have the slightest fraction of my muse, and attention. So please, while I still find your time of any value, please tell me of these depictions of my ship that you two have clearly been arguing about like rivalling first born, two sons..." She had removed her helmet, placing it onto the console, and had placed her hands spacingly, leaning over the console as her head was lowered with her glare towards them both, more so to Rtas than Thel.

Rtas had taken a breath, and cleared his throat as he collected himself., and proceeded to step closer to the console.

"I would ask of you to place one Destroyer to the Eastern Boarder of the Planet, and one at the Western. The rest of the Assault Cruisers of our fleet would fill the gaps, and our Glassing cruisers would be cloaked within orbit. The Admiral's Reign would be  most useful-"

"The Admiral's Reign will not be used in battle. I will not allow it." Syrri had abruptly intervened mid sentence.

"... Pardon?" Rtas had tilted his head to her.

"I'm sure I spoke rather clearly, Officer." Syrri looked at him bluntly.

"I heard clearly what you said, but why have a Destroyer of this size, and not use it in battle?" He questioned her.

"It is used as an emergency contingency only. There are too many persons of highest value in that ship, and I refuse to put any of them in harm's way." She stated, standing taller.