Nightmares 1

The time was old, the woman was young. She ran through the dark woods the only light came from the moon above. Her long, old fashioned skirt trailed  along the leaf covered ground. Her feet were bare, and her face was flushed. 

 A man form afar yelled,  "Josephine! RUN!" 

Tears flowed down her face, sobs escaped her lips but she continued to run. Behind her, the man who had yelled was being attacked by three, large, burly men. They were powerful, I could see it in the way the presented themselves. 

Josephine whimpered as she continued to run. "I love you, Peter... I love you so much..." 

After a while, Josephine collapsed to the earth below her. She cried, her face distressed. Her sobs shook her body as she cried.

After a while, her tears turned into body shaking heaves. Anger seemed to take over her body. She hit the ground with her balled fists and let out a loud piecing scream. 

 ***

I shot up in bed. Shivers ran under my skin and seeped to my soul. My body heaved and a heavy pain was in my heart. I longed for the man Josephine had cried out for. I'd never had such a tenacious dream. 

I shook in the cold that had entered my room. I pulled my warm blankets closer to my body as I wiped my tears from my face. No- her tears..

You can't cry another's tear Ella.. 

But, It's apparent you can dream their Nightmares.  

~~~

I woke the next morning, my face stiff and my body achy. I tried not to think of the dream as I climbed out of bed and shuffled  to my closet. I slowly prepared myself for another day.

Throughout the day, thoughts of Josephine and Peter crept into my mind. And I hated it. I hated getting that stab of pain thinking about a man I did not know. My heart ached for Josephine. While I prayed I would never dream of the heart broken woman, I also wanted to dream her story again, I wanted to know what would become of this Nightmare.

Short chapter :) 

 © Kycocobug 2012. All Rights reserved.