till the end

better days, better times.

when the snow started to fall so late into winter, jisoo was sleeping soundly against taehyung's chest. her hair fanned out across his upper body and her small figure delicately curled against him. his finger combed through her long, silky hair and his lips pressed lightly against the crown of her head as she slept.

jisoo was worn out, so was taehyung but jisoo had been at the venue for gayo daejun for more than ten hours without rest and it had exhausted her immensely. she couldn't walk ten steps without eventually looking like she'd pass out any minute. he helped her get in their van and made her members promise that they'd all get some rest.

"come with us," jisoo had grabbed his wrist before he could turn around and leave. she sat stiffly against the car seat and smiled weakly up at him. "stay with me tonight, please?"

he grimaced, his eyes glanced to the other girls but chaeyoung and lisa were knocked out and jennie had her earphones on, her eyes weary and tired. he knew they had their own house for their reality show, but they only sleep there during filming. back in their regular dorm, they had their own rooms. he looked back to jisoo and held her hand, frowning. "i can't -"

"please? just for one night." she whispers, her eyes smiling despite how tired and sleepy she was.

taehyung contemplated it for a moment. their manager would arrive soon with their staff after having gathered their things in the dressing room, and taehyung would get caught with no excuse as to why he was holding hands with blackpink's jisoo.

"i'll -" he wants to say no, but he can't. "i'll catch up."

that makes jisoo's smile a little more lively and awake. she places a hand behind his neck and pulls him towards her in one swift move. his cheek meets her cool lips and they're both smiling like idiots when she lets go.

that's how taehyung ended up in jisoo's bed in their sweats with the snow falling slowly outside. the rest of the girls were asleep, and the house was quiet except for the constant hum of the heater and dalgom, jisoo's dog, scratching his fur every once in a while.

around dawn, taehyung drifts off to sleep as well and is only awaken when jisoo repeatedly pokes his sides.

he feels himself smile at her messy bed hair and bare face. "good morning," he stretches his arms out for a hug.

"it's not yet morning." she says, falling into his arms and fitting right in. dalgom jumps on her bed, wagging his tail wildly as he tries to get in between the two lovers. he smells of fruit-scented dog soap.

taehyung scratches his head and coos at him as if he were a child. when dalgom has had enough belly rubs and head scratches, he bounces off the bed and leaves them alone again.

jisoo is looking at him when he turns his attention back to her. they both smile, happy and contended in each other's company. they stay that way for hours until the sun rises and taehyung has to go back.