Coconut Milk - (Jade's POV)

Start from the beginning

"No!" I exclaim. "Tori, I'm not prepared for that."

"What's so wrong about being with me?" She asks with a sad tone.

I shake my head. "No, nothing, Tori! You're perfect! That's not at all what I meant! I just, I'm not ready for people to know, you know?"

She shrugs her shoulders and looks down. "I know. That's okay, just figured I'd mention it. It's no big deal."

"Tori," I say apologetically.  

"No really, it's okay."

I tuck her hair behind her ear and cup her face. "You know how much I wish I was ready? I want nothing more than to show you off to everyone, but I'm just, I'm not ready to come out yet." She nods her head in understanding. I lift her chin and bring her lips to meet mine gently. It breaks and she smiles at me. "Ah, there she is. Now come on, perk up. I need my girl happy." She smiles more and rolls her eyes at me. There we go. Much better.

--------------------- LATER THAT EVENING ---------------------

I sit on my couch in my black velvet robe with my hair wrapped up in a towel. I'm enjoying a nice bowl of freshly microwaved popcorn and I'm just relaxing. I'm cherishing my final moments before my showcase tomorrow and I'm watching a cliche love movie. I know, I'm disgusted too. I'm not even really paying attention, but if Allie doesn't pick Noah over James then I'm going to kill Tori for making me want to watch this.

I hear a knock at my door and shout, "go away!" The knocking continues and I groan loudly as I roll my eyes. I pause the movie and take my hair out of the towel, running my fingers through it as I open the door irritatedly. I'm so ready to yell at some girl scout or whoever could possibly be-

"Hey..." 

I stand still and confused. "Beck? What are you doing here?" I shake my head. Why is he here? 

"Can I come in?" He asks softly.

"Uh, no?" I squint my eyes at him. "Not until you tell me why you're here?"

He itches the side of his head. "Look, will you just let me in?"

I roll my eyes and move out of the way. "Whatever, but you have five minutes."

I slam the door shut so he knows I'm annoyed and I turn to him with my arms crossed. He invites himself to sitting on my couch. "Come sit" he says. 

"I'm good standing," I say. "Look, just cut to the chase, okay?"

"Okay," he folds his hands and rests his elbows on his knees. "I've noticed that you have been acting differently lately," he explains, "and I just wanted to make sure everything was okay."

I don't believe this. "Since when are my feelings any of your business, detective?" I ask sternly.

"Jade, just because we broke up doesn't mean I stopped caring for you."

"Well you should. I don't need it."

"I'm just trying to help-"

"Well maybe I don't need your help. I'm fine. Great, actually. I've never been happier." Despite this being true, I show no emotion in my face when I state it, which only makes him question me even more.

He doesn't talk for a few moments before saying, "So you're really okay?"

"Yes, I am. Is that what you came all the way here to talk to me about? You know you could've just texted?" 

He nods. "It's easier to tell if you're lying or not in person," he explains. 

I roll my eyes at him. "Well thanks for the concern, but it's really not needed nor none of your business. Now, If you excuse me, I'm in the middle of doing something and would like to get back to doing it."