''We have to take him now," a nurse said, pointing toward the door -- Thomas looked back and saw a neurosurgeon running toward them.

''M'am, could you please sign a few papers?" an other nurse said, giving Anita an apologetic smile.

Thomas watched as Anita followed the nurse to the desk, the world stopped and silent around him. It's only when the bed started moving and his hands slid from the bar that he came to his senses.

''I'm coming too," he said, quietly, walking towards the MRI room.

''Sorry, doctors only," the nurse said, not facing Thomas as he rolled Newt's bed inside the room.

Thomas grabbed his arm to make him turn around. His mind was going a mile a minute.

''I'm his doctor too," he quickly said, snatching his badge from his pocket. ''Look," he added, dead serious, showing his badge to the nurse.

The nurse looked annoyed. ''Okay then, let's go," he said. They both walked into the room, pushing the bed, which was soon taken by the neurosurgeon and an other nurse into the room directly connected to the one they walked in. 

Thomas knew he couln't go further, so he stayed behind with the nurse, watching as they took Newt away from him. He watched as they placed his motionless body on the table, and the sight frightened him. Newt looked... He couldn't even think about saying that word. But he did look like that. He wasn't supposed to look like that

Thomas started breathing heavily, trying to stand still as he didn't want to be kicked out of the room. Everyone except for Newt soon were back into the first room, all looking at the screens. A loud noise soon dragged him back to reality, like a hammer hitting an anvil. He hated that noise. Newt didn't even have earplugs to protect his ears. 

''There," the neurosurgeon said after a few minutes. "There's a cerebral hemorrhage right there, a very small one." 

"It looks very located, right under the pia mater," a nurse then added, focused, as Thomas started to feel dizzy. 

''We have to operate. Now," the neurosurgeon said in a hurry, stopping the machine. ''We can drain the blood out of there easily while it's still small. Someone look for his mother and get the paperwork ready!" he said, opening the door to get Newt. 

One of the nurse ran and left the room, probably to get Anita. Thomas absentmindly followed, a piercing sound in his ears. He looked around in the hallway, as Newt's bed rolled beside him. He saw the nurse holding papers, talking to Anita - probably explaning the procedure and why it was needed. Anita held on to her tissue as if it would keep her from falling appart, and she nodded, crying. 

Thomas turned around, noticing Newt's bed rolling further towards the door. He jogged there, quickly grabbing Newt's hand into his. He felt the questioning looks of the neurosurgeon and the nurse, but didn't remove his hand. He followed them all the way to the operating room, stroking Newt's hand, talking to him in his head. The doctors paged other doctors, everyone running everywhere as they entered the surgery hallway. 

He knew he couldn't go further when they took Newt's bed into the surgery room. He watched as the door closed on the love of his life. He stood there, staring at the doors.

What now? 

The nurse from earlier gently took his shoulder and walked him to the elevator.