chapter five

🌹

Thomas walked into his appartement, tired and hungry. It was already 8 pm and he just came back home from the hospital.
He slumped onto the couch, taking his shoes off, and closed his eyes for a minute. He sighed at the thought of having to cook. He loved to cook, but he was really, really tired. And also a bit sad.
It was a weird feeling really. Being sad over a boy he had just met. But he wasn't just sad, he was also happy when he thought about him, so basically, every second of his days. He was happy to know him, and sad to be without him. He thought it was silly, to miss a boy he had met just two days ago. But he couldn't help it.
He couldn't stop thinking about earlier, how Newt fell and how he had helped him get up with an arm around his waist. Thing he had done again because he had loved the feeling. He also thought about how he had called Newt ''love'' accidentally, but then called him again like that because he had loved seeing Newt blush. Newt. Newt Newt Newt. Gorgeous Newt, mesmerizing Newt, perfect Newt.
Thomas shook his head and got up. He decided to eat one of the frozen pizza he had in the freezer and once it was in the oven, Thomas called his sister Teresa, of whom he was very close.
''Heyyyy." he heard after a few seconds.
''Hey you. How are you?"
''Period. Not funny. How are you?''
''Did you put a hot-water bottle on your belly?" he asked, sad to know his sister was in pain.
''I did Tom, thanks. So tell me. How was your day?''
Thomas sighed. ''Oh, Tess. I'm so, so screwed.''
''What??? Why? Wasn't he perfect like yesterday?"
''He was, that's why I'm screwed.'' he said, biting his bottom lip. ''Tess, I can't feel that way for a patient.''
''Tom... You're in internship, remember? It's only for three weeks... Plus, you're the same age. Why couldn't you like that boy?"
''I'm - I... I don't know, Tessa. You should see him... he's so gorgeous, and kind, soft, sweet, and he has the prettiest eyes I've ever seen. Also, he's like a bit taller than me and you know that's one of my weakness, and he has such tall legs and thin body... anyway... I'm way out of his league."
He heard Teresa sighed and slightly chuckle.
''Tom... You're not out of his league. I'm sure he likes you. How is he with you?"
''He.. Oh god Tess, he called me Tommy today. I thought I was going to melt. And also he fell on the floor and I drove him back home and kissed his hand.''
Teresa laughed again at how cute her brother was.
''See. I'm sure he has a crush on you as well.''
''Hm... Well I'll tell you more tomorrow okay? I'm tired.''
''Okay Tom. I love you and stop worrying about Newt. It's going to be okay.''
Thomas smiled. ''I love you too. Bye.''
He hung up the phone and quickly changed into pajama before turning off the oven and getting his pizza on a plate. He sat at the table and ate while scrolling his Facebook timeline at the same time. An idea suddenly popped into his head and his eyes widened for a second. He slowly put down his slice of pizza and entered a name on the search bar, his heart beating faster than usual. It even missed a beat when Thomas's eyes found the boy.

Thomas's stomach tingled as he watched Newt's facebook profile, looking fondly at every picture of him

Thomas's stomach tingled as he watched Newt's facebook profile, looking fondly at every picture of him. He saw pictures of him at the beach, with friends, or skiing. And then there was that picture of Newt, alone, that Thomas couldn't take his eyes off. He even took a screenshot of it, but only to send to his sister, he'd delete it right after obviously, or else it'd be weird.