TEN

CHAPTER TEN
"I think you're the only one"

CHAPTER TEN"I think you're the only one"

KNOWHERE, MINING COLONY

      THE COOL MIST BOUNDED OVER HER fingers delicately, the cold air bouncing gracefully and mesmerisingly, the sight of it bring a smile to the Ice Demon's face. The necklace was taken back now, Rocket keeping it in a safe place so that Frost wouldn't be able to break it the next time she's in control. That side of her hadn't said anything yet, which Allison was thankful for, and she was praying the voive would be gone for at least the next few hours so she could have a break.

"Heads up! We're inbound," Rocket announced, attracting the group of outlaws and misfits' attention.

Allison stood, stepping forward and placing a hand gently on the back of Rocket's seat at the front. Her eyes widened at the sight, staring in awe at the beautiful scenery in front of her as she watched the space patterns practically glimmered in front of them. Clusters of stars surrounded them, standing out gorgeously from the light green that almost acted like a background to the patterns.

It was magnificent, Allison couldn't think of a better word to describe it.

The other three soon joined them, Peter stepping to Allison's side, mirroring her stance and placing his hand on the back of Groot's seat.

"It's... Beautiful..." Allison breathed out, admiring the gorgeous shape and pretty colours. The green seemed to contrast the rest perfectly and Allison found herself grinning widely at the sight.

"What is it?" Drax questioned as he and Gamora emerged.

Peter, looking over at the Ice Demon, finding his eyes travelling down the side of her pale face, smiling softly at the shimmer of admiration and awe in her freezing cold eyes.

"It's called Knowhere," Gamora replied. "The severed head of an ancient celestial being. Be wary headed in, rodent," she warned, taking a seat near the back. "There are no regulations whatsoever here."

Following the assassin's actions, Allison found herself a seat beside Gamora, making herself comfy and focusing on the front window. Her eyes roamed Knowhere as they glided in, the bright lights and odd mechanisms catching her interest.

The machines seemed to work like miners, carving out bits of stone in the pillers of Knowhere, catching them before they could fall and cause damage. There was a system in this place and Allison could see it was working perfectly for the inhabitants of it.

Soon enough, Rocket found an appropriate landing zone, touching down the Milano and allowing the group to exit.
Stepping off, Allison had to take another moment to admire it again. She couldn't get over the setting, it being a place with no regulations, she expected it to be damaged, destroyed even.