NINE

CHAPTER NINE
"Did she kill anyone?"

     ALLISON AWOKE WITH A LOUD GASP, legs flailing out as she sat up, pressing a hand to her chest and freezing when she felt the odd shape

ALLISON AWOKE WITH A LOUD GASP, legs flailing out as she sat up, pressing a hand to her chest and freezing when she felt the odd shape. Her eyes darted down, connecting with the silver chain and the snowflake that hung low. Her breathing begin to level out but hitched in her throat as she heard footsteps approaching her rapidly

Her hair swung around as her head snapped to look at the approacher, her holding a hand up but lowering it out of embarrassment when she remembered her powers and Frost were inaccessible when the necklace was being worn.

"Hey, you're alright, we aren't in the prison," Peter Quill's voice appeared as he approaching rapidly, holding hands up in defense. "Rocket said you'd take a while to wake up."

Allison let herself relax, laying back in the chair, eyes moving around the cockpit. Peter hesitantly stepped forward, seating in the seat that original held Gamora. The assassin, as well as the other three, left to prepare for meeting Gamora's buyer. This obviously left Peter to roam his ship and wait for Allison to wake.

"What happened?" Allison asked softly, looking over to Peter with her legs slung over the armrest.

"From what I know, you became... whoever that was and helped us escape the prison," Peter attempted to explain, rubbing his neck awkwardly. In all honesty, he wasn't sure what happened after Frost showed up.

"It's Frost..." Allison exhaled, closing her eyes gently. "Did she kill anyone..."

Peter's eyes widened at the question, and he visibly winced when he saw the frown that formed on Allison's lips. The Ice Demon looked away from him, hiding her head in her hands as she processed the fact Frost killed. Her hair fell in front of her face like a curtain, shielding her from Peter.

"They were bad though," he blurted out, gently grabbing her wrists. "It was good that you killed them as it helped us escape." He smiled, hoping his words helped Allison feel better when in reality, it didn't.

She hated when Frost took control because it's like she is knocked out. She remembers snippets of what happens in the time that her Ice Demon counterpart is in full control, but she absolutely hates learning about how Frost uses the time to commit worse crimes then what Allison did with Rocket and Groot.

"Well..." Peter trailed off, not knowing what to say. "Well, we're going to meet Gamora's buyer, meaning you won't have to come in contact with that prison again?" he finished in a type of question, making Allison laugh lightly.

"You're not good at this," she said bluntly, before laughing again.

Peter felt himself smile when her infectious laugh filled his ears. It was something different, laughter that wasn't too obnoxious or loud, it was quiet and gentle. He thought Allison's laugh was almost angelic in a way. "Come on, the others are downstairs," he rose from his seat, letting go of her cold hands and leading her away.