Chapter 5

Sparkle

"Wake up, lazy head!" Sparkle nudged her sister awake, unaware of the special dreams her sister was having. The cold morning breeze wafted into the den.

Irine jerked awake. "What?" She yapped lazily. Sparkle sighed, and started dragging her sister out of the den by her golden tail. "I can walk myself, you know." Irine yanked her tail out of Sparkle's jaws, and padded out of the den.

When Sparkle caught up, she said "I had a weird dream last night." She sniffed the air, and it smelled like rotting flesh. No time to worry about that now. Sparkle thought. "I had a weird dream." Sparkle repeated.

"Me too. I wanna tell mine first." Even though she seemed eager, Sparkle saw anxitey in Irine's eyes. "There was a starry wolf....." Irine began. When she had fineshed, Sparkle was gaping.

"My dream was exactly the same." Sparkle barked in disbelief. "Are you sure that you're not entering my mind?"

"Uhhh, I'm pretty sure." Irine woofed. Sparkle heard her mother's scared yelp from the cave.

"Where are the pups?!" Light sounded scared, not just by the missing pups....... Sparkle sniffed the air.

Shadow wolves! Sparkle streaked through the forest like a flash of silver lightning. She saw the shadow wolf inches away from her mother. Sparkle jumped onto it's shoulder like the night before, and ripped into the flesh. She bit it's neck this time, and killed the wolf. When the wolf had fallen down, Sparkle had forgotten one thing.

She had been watched by her mother!