A Dug Up Past {Hit x FormerAssassin!Reader}

Start bij het begin

"Your body is shutting down soon your heart will as well. Where do you want me to lay you when you pass?"

"Just my room, I'm sure you're already acquainted with my little home."

"Very well." Hit knew every direction to your room even in the dark he was like a cat. Quiet, swift, and angelic.

As he set you on the bed you felt yourself grow colder. Death was nearing your doorstep and it would be a matter of time before it knocked.

There was a small silence between you two but you managed to speak up. "I have something important to tell you and I don't know if I have time to say it. It's kinda like a dying wish."

Hit nodded his head as he held onto your cold hands, "No matter what I will accept your request."

You felt extremely tired but you forced yourself to stay awake. Death was already knocking all you had to do was open the door. "In my drawer there are important documents and I want you to look through them. It's your choice but I want you to gift her the locket. All the information should be there...I'll just sleep now okay?"

Hit felt his heart clench as he placed a kiss onto your forehead. "Just sleep and I want you to know that I've always loved you and that I'm sorry I wasn't here as your lover."

You gave a smile, "I love you too but please don't be sorry and live your best life." As you shut your eyes death was like an embrace.

Hit felt a few tears slip out of his eyes, something he hasn't felt in such a long but it wasn't all just sorrow, there was a slight happiness to it. He was glad you lived a peaceful life it was a shame he was the one to take it away. However, he knew he had to or else someone would of sent an unforgiving and cruel assassin. Which would of happened to you soon.

Hit wiped the stray tears from his eyes and opened the drawer. There were a thick stack of papers but weren't as eye catching as a gold locket and a birth certificate. The man grabbed the locket and engraved into it was the word Hope. As he pressed the button it revealed two pictures one of him and the other you.

Hit had a confused look before looking at the certificate. Not only was 'Hope' just a word but it was also a name that was written on the paper. The assassin felt his heart drop as he read on. Apparently, during the time you quit being an assassin you were also pregnant with Hit's child. Hit has had a daughter for five years without him knowing. 

The emotions that stirred within him were difficult to choose. He grew anxious for answers and survey the rest of the papers. Some were mainly papers of an orphanage but one was a letter directed to him. Hit couldn't help but read it out loud,

"Dear Hit, The reason I left from being an assassin was because I was tired of doing the same things over and over. I just lost that spark in killing. Not to mention the pain I had to face every day when I saw you. After being rejected it felt awkward and you were leaving some place anyways so I thought it would be best to turn over a new leaf. Funny how that new leaf also came with a child growing within me. Strangely, I never knew I was pregnant until the symptoms started increasing but I knew it would be yours. As I haven't done it with anyone but you. Anyways, for the past few months I've been growing and each day I fall deeper in love with my baby but I knew I couldn't take care of her. She'd be in too much danger with me as her mother because I wasn't stable and made many enemies in my life as an assassin. So I'm giving her up to be adopted and with all the money I have made sure she made it to a nice orphanage with a guarantee she'd be adopted into a loving home. I have all my money in both your names so when I pass on either of you will get ir. If you are reading this Hit, I had one hell of a time and I don't regret anything we did together because you have always been the light of my life but if you can, be her light as well. I understand if you don't want to as it's a lot of responsibility and it was so sudden to ask you of such thing. Maybe when she's older and if you are in her life I want you give her this note or tell her, whichever is easier. I wish I would break the news but I feel as if my time will be cut short and I won't see her grow into a beautiful adult. Live a good life Hit, I will always love you and my baby girl ~ Sincerely (Y/n)"

Hit read the note over and over trying to process each word that was written. Grabbing all the documents he held them close and as he looked at you once last time, he smiled. It was odd knowing you were the mother of his child but he didn't hate it. If only he stayed with you, you and the five year old would live together as a family.

He felt his heart ache, he can make things right and be there for his daughter but for how long? You were right you both were assassins and had huge bounties on your heads. The last thing he would want is to cause trouble for his daughter, Hope. Hit let the word fall out of his mouth as he chuckled. "Hope such a beautiful name your mother gave you."

The man then looked over you and kissed you. Your skin felt so cold and he was reminded that you were nothing but a lifeless body. "Don't worry I'll make sure to complete your request." And with that Hit exited your room.

It was later on the police received a call about a body at your address. It then struck news that the infamous assassin, Cheshire had died from poisoning. Even though you done wrong there still were many people who attended your funeral. So every year on the day of your death there was always a fresh bouquet of roses at your grave but Hit was the first to place them there. 

Eventually, as Hope grew older she came in terms were her parents backgrounds and continued her dad's cycle of placing roses at your grave. Soon she'd been giving two bouquet of roses one for her mom and dad. The way she thought of it was that you were now with Hit and she was correct because once you saw Hit in the afterlife you both embraced each other and wished your daughter with a good life.