ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪ - ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴡᴀʀ

THE TROPICAL KINGDOM

King Joey stared at the golden crystals on the table. His mouth fell agape, he curiously scanned each one. The gold reflected bright flecks on his face. Multiple historians and those who were involved in the expedition gathered around the treasures they had obtained.

"So," Joey looked up towards the crowd of intellectuals, "what are these things?"

One man approached the desk. He took no more than three steps forward. He cleared hos throat and pointed to the crystals.

"They are hollow, sire. Vessels that were used to contain that," he motioned to a scroll in the center of the table.

Joey gazed at the man. He noticed how the man looked down at the floor when he didn't speak. How he put his hands behind his back. He was nervous.

"What is your name?" Joey questioned.

The historian glanced up at the King. "Daniel, my name is Daniel, sir."

"So, Daniel, would you care to explain what that old scroll was doing inside one of these crystals?"

"We believe whoever placed them down there wanted to preserve the contents of the scroll while hiding it far from prying eyes."

Joey's head tilted slightly to the right. The Tropical King was lost in thought. A numerous amount of questions whirled around his mind. He reached for the scroll in the middle of the treasures. Everyone in the room collectively gasped as Joey's fingers neared the paper. He stopped and raised an eyebrow at them all. The man, Daniel, moved closer.

"I speak for everyone when I say that we hope you would consider wearing gloves while you hold the scroll." Daniel said.

Joey pulled his hand back. "Fine. One of you read it to me then." He said, taking a seat on his throne.

Daniel put his gloves on and held the scroll so delicately, as if it would melt in his hands. He unrolled the paper and scanned its words with his eyes.

"Chair made of precious stone, crown made of thorns." Daniel started.

"Power claimed from a swing of a sword. The ghost-eyed king reclaims his right. The fire from the end sat beside."

Joey's eyebrows furrowed. He rubbed his thumb across his chin as he focused on what Daniel was saying.

"Noble blood spilled taints peasant blood blue." He paused and looked up from the paper. "That's the end of it, Your Majesty."

Joey rose from his seat, he glanced at everyone in the room. "And can anyone tell me what that means?"

THE ALPINE KINGDOM

Queen Lizzie listened to the arguments of several lords on which path to take concerning different topics. They debated their point and how it would affect the kingdom. Thier words were nearly unintelligible, she couldn't possibly understand the situation, she wasn't even sure what they were debating about.

The other lords in the council began speaking their minds. The room was utter chaos. Lizzie sat in silence and waited for them to settle down. She had to speak on the main problem at hand. They had been avoiding the topic for so long, she believed these meaningless arguments were only a distraction. Her eyebrows furrowed. She gazed around the room, only to realize if she didn't speak now, she would never get to.

Lizzie stood up and slammed her hands down on the table. Such behavior baffled the lords, rendering them silent. She looked at them with what can only be described as "the gaze of the dragon," a death stare that could produce fear in anyone who recieved it. It was the nicknamed look members of the Alpine royal family would give to their enemies in the heat of battle.