†Knight 21: Good Bye†

No One's POV

Yui and Yanase banged and rammer at the crystal walls, but not even making a dent. Yui used her claws, Yanase used his own claws with wind tornadoing around his fingers. They didn't even scratch it.

A memory flashed in Zero's mind.

*****
"Ms Yukiko... is going to sacrifice... herself... for the sake of the other two... that's why she sang that song... at the ball..." Ichiru coughed up some blood. "It wasn't a song to make everyone close to her forget who she was... it was a song to trade for a life. She will be... the only one... to die... and her soul... will be forever lost..."
*****

Zero's eyes widened and her soon found himself pounding against the crystal wall, firing bullets from the fully activated Bloody Rose.

Yukiko looked at Zero with shock, then her face softened. "My little dove, Ichiru, told you... didn't he, little lamb? Before he died." She asked the boy, already knowing the answer.

"Yes and you're an idiot!" Zero shouted, firing more bullets.

Chains encircled Yukiko and one by one the shadow men entered her body at a fast paste. Yukiko screamed in pain and the chains tightened around her, blood oozing out from where the chain touched her exposed skin.

Her red pencil skirt tattered at the base and her black tank too burned where the chain gripped.

Maria looked away and hugged Sen's head tightly. Tears slipped passed her guard and she cried quietly, turning to muffle her sobs.

Tears fell down Yui's cheeks. "Why?! Yukiko! We were all supposed to die together! Then none of us would feel lonely as they wondered the earth as a ghost! Why are you isolating yourself?!" Yui cried, hot tears falling to the stone ground of the school roof.

"She's right! Why are you doing this, Yukiko! You've suffered enough! Why are you sacrificing yourself?!" Yanase yelled,  pounding against the crystal as a salty liquid spilled from his eyes.

Hanabusa, Kain, Ruka, Rima, Senri, and Yuki's eyes widened in shock at the information being spilled here and there.

Kazuya cried and was screaming into Gene's chest, Hisui falling to her knees and covering her mouth with both hands. She cried but kept her eyes glued to the red eyed girl.

Gene and Sen held back tears but didn't have the strength to fight back the sad looks in their eyes and facial expressions.

Though they didn't know the vampire for long, they felt attached to her and we're being torn by her sacrifice.

Yukiko gave them all a sad smile. "I love all of you... I should hate some of you but I can't..." tears cascaded down her ivory skin and crystallized on contact with the ground. "Yui, Yanase. You both have a loving family to take care of. I'd never forgive myself if you two died to keep me company. Maria, don't cry. Shizuka, Ichiru—and soon me—are gone but you still have everyone that's around you right now. Make new friends and stand by their sides like they would for you."

Maria nodded and forced a smile before it quickly faded and her lips quivered as tears continued to fall.

Yukiko looked up at the darkening sky. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before letting it out in a song.

"~I see you...

I'll hold your hand.

You can't see me.

I'm already gone.

You stood by me...till the bitter end.

Now I will watch over you.

I can see you...but you can't see me.

I'll guard your heart.

I'll sing to you even if you can't hear me...

You took my hand. You protected me.

I still hear your words, even if your not speaking to me.

I cry... when it rains...

I smile... when the moon is high.

As you grow old. I am still watching alone.

Even if you join*harmony* me...

You can't stay with me.

Even if you also leave this world...

I will remember your hello to me.

But now it's time... to say... a final...

Good Bye *fade out*~"

Yukiko's body fell limp and the crystal walls shattered away into dust.

The group ran to the lifeless girl and Zero picked her upper body up, shaking her to try and wake her up to no prevail.

Cross Kaien and Yagari Toga arrived and watch the solomon scene play before them from a near by roof.

Kaien looked to the sky s Yagari looked down at the ground. "Good bye... Yukiko Kuran..." they said in unison.

Snow gently fell, like crystals, from the sky. The sight was enchanting and the children of the village ran around in circles—smiles glued to their cheerful faces.

~Time Skip~

It's been years since the event happened. Yanase and Yui became permanent staff members at Cross Academy. Maria, Kazuya and Hisui became closer and enjoyed their time at Cross Academy.

Saki died of old age; a year after Yukiko.

The Night Class never let their memories of Yukiko flee from their memories. Passing down her story to relatives and young children.

Even if none of them could see, feel, sense, or here her... Yukiko watched over Cross Academy with a warm smile, guarding it from the dark spirits that danced throughout the area.

† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † †
I wrote the song myself! What do you think of it? It took a while but I like how it turned out^^

THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THE STORY!
This fanfiction has come a long way and please forgive me for the ending. It's not the best but I hope you enjoyed the emotional ride here.

Thank you so much for all of the support! ♡♡♡♡♡♡

The character updated profiles are the bonus chapter for this fanfiction^^

/)_/)☆☆☆☆☆

(=' :')~♡

(, (")(")☆☆☆☆☆

† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † †