I - Grian

"Woah, that was a weird dream." Grian muttered to himself after he woke up after a tiring day. He had spent the day collecting the resources to restock Sahara. It had been ultimately successful, though Grian didn't remember ever making it to bed. Sitting up, he looked around, unsure of where he was. Once concluding that he was in his base, at the edge of his storage disaster, Grian turned to the chest placed in front of his beacon. Opening the chest, he found that there was a book inside. It read:

'Grian,

I found you passed out right outside Sahara, phantoms circling. When was the last time you actually slept! Like in a bed, buddy! Anyways, I flew you back here so you could get some proper sleep. You're as light as a feather, dude! You need to take care of yourself!'

The handwriting became increasingly wobbly and messy, Grian could even make out a few tear stains on the paper.

'I'm going to be walking around the shopping district one day, and I'll find you perma-dead! Grian, you and Mumbo are my best friends, and I don't think I'll be able to handle it if either of you perma-die. Please, Grian, don't do this to me.

With Brotherly Love,

Iskall

P.S. Please stop by my base once you have gotten enough rest, I'm worried for you.'

Once Grian had finished reading the book, he looked at the clock on one of the pillars. He had been asleep for a solid 30 hours. "Well, I think I'm well-rested enough!" With that, Grian started to shake out his elytra only to stop when he realized it was covered in black and magenta/purple feathers, greatly reminding him of the ender dragon, and, and Evo... And the watchers... His time in the eternal void... His dream last night...

With all his memories returning, Grian collapsed on the floor next to the chest, Iskall's note in hand, memories filling his mind. And then, the tears came.

"The time has come. We must defeat the Listeners"

Word Count: 335

Total Word Count: 607

Poor, poor Grian. Well, go to the next chapter if you want to find out what happens!

Thanks for Reading!

~Niza