one

"serin, you will be moving in with 11 boys while me and your father are overseas."

"w-what?" serin shouted out loud. moving in with boys? just one is bad enough for serin, the introvert she was. but eleven of them?

serin was always awkward with boys. she couldn't look them in the eye when talking to them, and only had girls as friends.

so the idea of living with boys was outrageous.

"we are sorry, serin. but we couldn't find another place for you to stay in." serin's mother explained.

"why not just book a hotel room for me?" serin fumed.

"we want you to stay with other people around your age so you can socialize."

"...fine. when will I be moving in with them?"

"tomorrow."

"couldn't she have told me sooner??" serin angrily said to herself while stuffing clothes into her luggage.

she wanted to make a good impression and get ready to meet them. She even wanted to practice talking to boys before staying with them.

sut that was not a possibility with her moving in the next day.

"gosh! I really hate my mom sometimes..." she rolled her eyes as she tried to close her luggage which was overflowing with clothes.

well, she was a girl, after all.

she proceeded to stand in front of her mirror and practiced conversing with her reflection as if it was a boy.

"hello, mister!" she said cheerfully then frowned.

"who calls a boy mister?" she sighed and tried again.

"sup, dude!" she said again, then screamed in frustration.

"ew, that was even worse!" she huffed.

"hi, bro!"

"hey boy!"

"hello, you!"

After many failed tries, she settled on a simple "hello".

"i really can't talk to boys, can I?" serin laughed at herself.