Suffer Alone

They were lies. He was lying.

"No." Spinel held her stance.

That's it. The hurt. The pain. All of it came bubbling to the surface hotter and more suffocating than anything else.

"No no no. I don't believe you." She repeated, shaking her head in rejection of his words. Steven stepped closer and pulled up his shirt exposing the gem on his stomach.

"Believe this."

Steven grabbed Spinel's hand and placed it on his gem, forcing her to a halt when she recognised the familiar light. Spinel ripped her hand from his grasp and stumbled backward.

"That can't be...no.." Spinel choked on her words, as her eyes drifted upward to meet Steven's, his cold stare bore into her.

"She never..." She was never coming back. Pink never cared. What is that?
What is this awful, terrible thing?
It hurts so much. It hurts.

Steven stared onward as he watch this poor gem grapple with the truth. Spinel dropped to her knees, shaking and shuddering at her terrible realization. She left her. She left her here alone.

"What did I do wrong?" Her voice trembled but Steven still heard it and moved to comfort the gem.

"You didn't do anything wrong." Spinel pushed him away as she struggled to understand. How could he say that? How could he know? He wasn't her. She was gone and she left her here on this stupid rock to rot away like all her plants.
How stupid. How stupid could she be to just believe that Pink would come back? Really?

It's been decades.

This whole time no one even care to look for her.

"Spinel, I know it's hard, but things have changed-"

"Changed...you're telling me. That things changed?" Her words were cold, uncharacteristically so. It was like something cracked her and she didn't know what it was but God was she mad.
Spinel shot a glare at Steven, revealing terrifying spiraled eyes in her unabashed rage.

"You asked me if I was mad, huh?" She growled, causing Steven to take a step backward.
Spinel stood up loosening her arms as they bent in unnatural ways outward until she resembled something out of a horror movie.
"Well I'm really, really mad."

"Spinel, I know you're upset, we can talk this out, you deserve better!" Steven replied, hoping the calmness of his voice would bring her down a notch.

"Do I, Steven?!" She barked, cocking her head slightly, "do I really? Cause from the looks of it I deserve to be LEFT ON A ROCK!!" She grabbed a stone pillar, violently chucking it over the garden, hard enough that it lost orbit on the fragment of the planet.

"You do! You do deserve better! What Pink did was wrong. I should have told you sooner."

"Should have told me sooner?! You should have never even come here!" Spinel screamed, grabbing another pillar and smashing it into the ground just in front of him. "I would have been better off here, stupidly waiting for the rest of my life!"

Steven drew his sheild, protecting himself from the debris of Spinel's tantrum and stepped closer, hoping to calm her down.

"I should have..." She gasped, "I should have just been shattered." Spinel reached for another boulder and held it in the air just above her head.

"Maybe then..." Spinel smiled just slightly at the thought before she let go of the boulder.

Time can stop in moments like these.
Steven had no other ideas but to throw a shield over her head to prevent the wretched shattering.

Spinel's eyes opened upon the lack of impact, and she turned to see Steven crawling over the debris.

"Spinel," he gasped as he slid down the pillar to her side. "Pink didn't want you."

He caught his breath and pulled the gem into a soft embrace, bubbling the two of them as his sheild dropped the boulder.

"But I do."

Slowly, Spinel's arms wrapped around him in return and the gem dug her head into his neck, sobbing softly.

"It hurts. It hurts so much and I don't know what to do. I c-can't-" Spinel drew in a ragged gasp, before pulling out of the hug just slightly, she met eyes with Steven for the briefest of moments before her entire form exploded in a cloud of dust and the large heart shaped gemstone clacked to the bottom of the bubble.