Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Channing held my paw tight as he pulled me through the forest. "Wait, what about Marlene?," I ask, looking back towards the lighthouse.

"Vilar and Peyton are on it. Right now? We need to get you to safety."

"But I can only be so far from Vilar before he comes back to me," I murmur, not believing Channing heard, not that it would change his mind about dragging me back to safety.

~

Peyton and vilar descend down some old wooden steps, and Peyton uses his yellow swirls to illuminate their surroundings. It was like a cement and wood cavern of tubes. They looked amongst them all, hopelessness growing within them. "Well. Here's where we part. If you find her, grab her and start a fire, I will do the same," Vilar instructs.

With a nod, Peyton took off down one tunnel, and Vilar into another. Peyton's yellow swirls continue to flare, his eyes dancing between a tunnel on the left, a tunnel on the right, a tunnel on the left, and finally, where his tunnel ended, and two new tunnels started. He veres right and mutters, "Where could you be?"

Vilar was doing his best to get as far as he could, but with every step away from each other that we took, his connection to the outside world grew weaker. He felt himself slipping, but pressed on. If they could get Marlene, then they could get the hell off the island, with Faith's only ticket to breaking the enchantment.

He verges down a new hallway and makes a hard stop as on table was the master serpent, strapped down, a tri-fuse strapped down, and Marlene also strapped down to tables. "Marle-" ...

Peyton skids around another corner, and stopped by running straight into a baton. "You fucking pussies never know when to give up do you?," Sabrina scowls. "HEEYAH!"

~

"Channing! We have to go back and help them," I say, following him through the corridor.

"First, can you unspell these two from killing Rowan? Please," he asks, stopping in front of the two cells, one holding Donna, one holding Rowan. I look up to him and he says, "I'll explain later."

I sigh and fire up my blue swirls. "Solte esses dois encantamentos. Liberte-os para suas vidas e peça todas as tarefas ao ar." A blue aura shimmers around them before they both spring up.

"Donna, do you still feel an intense urge to kill your best friend?"

"To be honest," I want to kill all of you constantly, with or without a spell forcing me to," Donna shrugs.

Channing rolls his eyes and turns to Rowan, but before he could speak, Rowan cuts him off, "No, I am not being forced to submit to her homicidal acts."

"Awesome!" With that Channing places his paws on the scanner locks for the doors, and they open. A wind inside the ship picks up, and a flash of red before feeling like I've been hit by a train as I go stumbling back. "Blue!"

"OW!"

"Baskin, I know where they are, and Peyton's in there alone, not knowing! We have to go back!," Vilar exclaims.

~

"How is it you managed to get yourself captured? Again," Marlene groans.

"You got captured first so don't even start," Peyton growls, yanking at his cuffs. Unlike Marlene and her fellow captors, Peyton didn't get the luxury of the table. He got a seat on the rockwall.

"Find. Baskin. And bring him. To me," Faith growls, keeping in her frustration. With that, two furs ran off, quietly whimpering. "It's so difficult to find good help these days," she rolls her eyes, hopping up onto the table with Marlene.