The young woman hastily headed towards the ascending stairs towards the exit when Amon stopped her.

"Safiya, wait. You must know the truth..." Amon said as Safiya stopped in her tracks, her back facing her father. "The jasper stone around your neck," Amon paused. "It is the very tear of Isis. She appeared to me when I came here to give her an offering. The tear granted me protection and power. With it, I was able to save Aknamkanon's life and judge his heart. I developed my light magic through the tear and helped many people while serving in the house of Aknamkanon. Yet I knew I was not the one to fully yield it's might. I was only it's protector."

"I know." She said quietly. "I know the power of the three gods, who guards the Pharaoh's tomb, will not be enough to destroy the Dark One. They will be turned to stone. Only when the chosen king calls forth the power of light, will he unlock the combined powers of the gods and banish the darkness." A vision of Atem's dead body flashed before her eyes. I won't let him die. "The name scratched out from the wall... it's my name. I am the one who is destined to unleash the power I possess."

Amon sensed that his daughter had realized her true calling. He looked down to see her hands shaking. She discovered the truth. He could feel the tears coming to the verge of his tired eyes. He was afraid this day would come. Even in the present state, Amon could not stop her. The wheels of fate were in motion the moment he encountered Isis and the tear was given to him.

"Forgive me, Safiya." He said solemnly as he clenched his fists and fighting back tears.

"Is that why you caused this?" Safiya said as she turned around to face Amon. He hung his head slightly low, avoiding her gaze but her words brought his sorrowful eyes to her blue filled gaze seeking for answers. "You... You shattered my mind."

He nodded. Amon heavy sigh. It was a secret he had hoped no one would discover. Yet Safiya proved him wrong.

"I... broke my own vow." Amon said. "The magic was meant to be used to shatter the evil spirit of a person's heart. However, one of our kind used this spell and ended up killing an innocent man, thus spreading fear about us to all who knew." Amon said. "...All I wanted was for you to have a normal happy life. I thought by shattering your mind, you would forget this burden you carry... that you were apart of me. Yet despite my efforts to protect you from this fate, you have always known that it was your destiny to protect Atem."

Safiya felt every emotion colliding within her. Anger. Fear. Frustration. Hesitation. And lost. She understood why her father did what he did but at the same time, Safiya felt betrayed. On the other hand, she was amazed that such might from Isis had protected her from the curse of the land.

My life. She thought. Was already predestined before I was even conceived. Why does Fate have to be cruel? And Atem... he had to assume the responsibilities and burdens of his kingdom while he was still a child and not given a proper time to mourn for the lost of his father. Why is death the only solution? She touched the golden ring upon her left hand. I must protect his future... Our future!

"There are people who believe in a brighter Egypt. Those who believe in a world where all can live peacefully together." Safiya said. "I am not ashamed of being apart of you, papa. Nor am I ashamed of the people I've come from. I am who I am. And I am not afraid. I will lay down my life to protect those who believe int he future of a better tomorrow."

Amon gazed into his daughters blue eyes. They reflected the look of Isis the day he was visited by the goddess.

Isis... I prayed to you and you blessed me with a child. A beautiful daughter who filled my life with joy and laughter. He could see himself receiving the tear and a few moments later, his beloved daughter. And now, you are holding true to your promise. You said she would come back to you. He thought to himself.