"Sounds like a date, Sta-" I was cut off by my boss rushing in, spewing words at me, spewing them at me faster than I could comprehend. "Listen, I'm sorry to cut this call short but duty calls. And this duty? Big one. I'll call you back, love." I hung up before he could say goodbye, slinging my 'Go' bag over my shoulder.

   Agents outside my office were scrambling into place, prepared for the briefing of a lifetime. "Agents, as you know, our job is to keep this state, its people, and America safe. We were just informed, by letter, that if certain demands are not met in 48 hours, three Nagasaki-sized bombs will be arriving in the great state of California. You'll know what those demands are as the folders are passed out." When all agents received the folder and their eyes devoured the information on the page, pained gasps filled the room and empty faces looked up at us.

   "I know we've faced big things, bad things. But there isn't anything like the feeling of receiving a letter threatening this great country. Now, our analytics team is deciphering the note as we speak. They're trying to get a feel for who this guy or these guys are. Creating a profile, basically. We don't have long people. Use what you know and what you've learned to find these terrorists. Lets go!" More scrambling ensued as they went to their safe spaces. Safe spaces being the multitude of quiet rooms where everyone did their own type of  'profiling' or investigating.

   "Just when you thought everything was going good, this shit happens?" I could sense the umbrage in her voice as the statement implied how she felt towards those bombers. "Bombers are fucking.... cowards! They hide behind their attacks because they're too afraid to man up. I mean, they could at least come face to face. That's not any better but at least that way I can confront them." I watched as my boss was panicking, pacing back and forth in my office. If she kept pacing, a hole would be worn into my carpet.

   I clenched my fists in anger. "You know how much I hate terrorists, Aieslynn. You know who I used to work for, I had to tell you. It's just.... these people want 25 million by Thursday. Two days. We know they know that, with big transactions, it takes the bank as long as it takes my narcoleptic grandpa to wake up from falling asleep in the shower."

   She chuckled at the comment about my grandpa before a great idea popped into her head, "Just ask you know who to help out with it.  He'd probably be more than willing to help out his long time friend." Aieslynn suggested, finally plopping down in a seat. "He helped you out with your house which led you to meet Finlay. I don't think he'd mind." I got up out of my chair when I noticed our technical analyst passed by my office in a hurry.

   "We can talk about it on the move. Looks like Davis needs us." My boss followed me toward the conference room in a speedy fashion in these sensitive times. "Davis, what is it?"

   "The only reason it's us three is because I don't know who to trust. I typed faster than Usain Bolt can run a 100m and what I found.... It's quite frankly disturbing. By disturbing I mean what I found is that someone within Homeland has some sketchy purchases and texts on a proxy server to some people overseas. I think there's someone inside Homeland and we just gave them everything they needed to get their partner away scott-free." Davis never got this nervous, even with the most gruesome things brought to our eyes. He was so resilient in so many ways and I respected him for that. Before coming here, he worked with the FBI. That place was his family and we're family here so when someone betrays family, it hits him hard.

   "So you only trust Aieslynn and I, right? No one knows where I live but her," I nodded to my boss. "so we can set up shop there. Do you think you can sneak out some of your equipment and meet me there?" Davis nods, tapping his pointer finger against his thigh. Whenever he got nervous, which wasn't often, he tapped his thigh. I guess it calmed him and I didn't judge him for it. We all have our thing, mine was repeatedly punching my other hand.