The back story

I was fourteen years old the first time you ever saw her.

It was a beautiful day. Gorgeous even, in the end of spring. It was to be expected. Since it had stormed during my trip here. Or maybe it was that you were so used to the cold and cloudy weather in New Jersey that I was just pleased with the dramatic change that was Los Angeles.

It was exactly what we both needed.

After all the problems that had happened in the past few months. My mother finally realized that I needed to get away from that man. After all, it wasn't as if he was my real father. No, that man. Walked out on the both of us when you I was just a little girl. Not even 2 years old. This man was the one who my mother met after my father. The one who seemed like the Prince Charming. Who stepped in and took care of the both of us when we needed it most. My whole life. I was raised to look at him as my real dad. I even called him that. The two of us were close. We grew even closer everytime my father would unexpectedly show up. Claiming he was sorry and wanted to save our relationship. But just claiming it. Never meaning it. I gave him so many chances. Everytime he would just break my heart when he broke his promises.

But I always had my stepdad to fall into. He was everything I ever wanted my real dad to be. Besides the problems with my real father. I couldn't complain that I had a pretty good life. That is, until he lost his job.

My stepdad, Steve. Always had a good and very well payed job. But when the recession hit. He lost it. He lost it and for months he coouldnt find a new one. Suddenly, all the bills started pilling up and the problems never seemed to end. So he turned to what he thought was an escape. Alcohol. He started drinking and slowly. He started to change. He became distant, and eventually violent. He hit my mom. She forgave him. Giving him every excuse she could think of and receiving only a promise to change in return. He didn't. Instead, he hit me. I came home late from school and he slapped me across the face. That was the moment my mother finally understood we had to leave.

So now here I was. Leaving behind everything that had ever been a part of my life. Go start over again. Honestly, I had never been happier. This was what we both needed. A new chance at a better life. Just the two of us. with no men involved.

My mother made a few turns after we got off the freeway. I was mesmerised the whole way as I took in all the different people that there was. Back in New Jersey. Everybody seemed to keep more to themselves. But here, here everyone was doing their own thing. I lowered my window and I could hear three different songs blasting from different cars.

I was so lost in my thoughts. That I barely noticed that my mother had driven away from the main streets. Into smaller ones. Filled with beautiful houses. I saw her slow down as she turned down one more street and instantly my eyes caught sight of a green sportscar parked outside of a two story house. It looked impeccable and I had to resist the urge to jump out of the car and approach the other car to further examine it.

Thats one of the things I got from my father. Ever since I can remember. I've always had an obssesion with cars. Particularly race cars. My mom once told me that my father used to street race. So since I was old enough to understand. I've studied and learned everything I could about them. When I started high school and all my friends got into cosmetology, fashion design and modeling. I was taking classes in autotech and in music. If there was anything that I love more than cars, its music.

My mother stopped the car in front of a two story house. Across the street and two houses down from where the car was parked. Claiming I was finally home. I wondered if there was any chance I could befriend the people with the car. Or if there was anyone you could talk to there. Suddenly, I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a car fast approaching. I got out of the car and looked up. To see a black race car with red designs speeding down the street and stoping right next to the green car. The driver got out and turned to look at me.