chapter thirty- four

Start from the beginning

"If we can get guns in, we can get you out" Jasper threw out. Maya smiled nodding her head.

"No, we can't" Monty discouraged, "I dismantled the chute" he explained, "I'm sorry" he lamented noticing their faces turn from happy to sad, "I didn't think we'd be trying to open it ourselves" he tried to prove his actions. He quickly stop, placing a hand on Maya uttering "I can fix it" as Monty stepped up walking away.

"Go help him" he called to Miller.

"Harper" Miller shouted walking in Monty's direction.

"Ana, go too" Jasper said noticing the girl still by their side. She complied knowing that it wasn't because she was needed, Anastasia couldn't figure out how to fix the trash chute even if she was given the instructions. Jasper sent her off so that he could get alone time with Maya, because if she was to die this would be the last moments they have together, even if they didn't want to admit the collapsing of a bitter end.

"He shooed you off too" Miller stated when Anastasia showed up to the group that was forming around the trash chute. Anastasia nodded as Monty began giving orders.

"Ana can you get me that my screen, and the walkie?" Monty asked pointing towards the table. She rushed bringing it back and handed it to him, "So i guess if I can get this to work, not only Maya can get out, all of us, which means we might meet up with Bellamy sooner than later" he said when Anastasia arrived back.

"Yeah, I guess" she breathed out the thought now filling up her brain.

"I mean that's good" he blankly added.

"Yeah" Anastasia once again bluntly replied, taking a seat next to the console he was messing with.

"Don't tell me you're not happy that you're going to see him again" Monty prayed, "I mean after you cried for days when you thought he was dead, and now he's alive, and standing right passed this chute" he explained.

"It's not that I'm not happy" Anastasia explained, "I just know everything going to be different, but I don't know how different" she put, as Monty nodded.

"Nothing's going to be that different, you're Bell and Ana" Monty put lightly.

"We don't know that for sure" She replied, "It's been months and I know that I'm different, and Bellamy is..."

"Bellamy is what?" Miller questioned arriving back with the supplies as did Harper.

"Bellamy is waiting" Anastasia finished standing up, "So we better stop distracting Monty and help him" she added clearing her throat as Miller gave her an incredulous look.

They watched Monty work in silence, giving him everything he needed. Jasper and Maya eventually met them at the trash chute, her heavy breathing becoming more and more clear as time passed.

"She's almost out of oxygen" Harper stated looking at the clock tick by, "It's been 19 minutes" she added

"Not helping, Harper" Maya breathed out her breath fogging up the screen as she could barely make out the words. Anastasia couldn't help but chuckle at Maya's glaring comment, that shut Harper up.

"Don't worry" Jasper combatted, "We'll get it open, won't we, Monty?" He asked his friend as Monty was still going at the panel with a screwdriver.

"Almost there" Monty replied.

"Almost isn't good enough" Miller retorted back.

"You're not helping either, Miller" Anastasia stated, looking over to him.

"I just need to bypass" Monty began before a spark made him drop the screwdriver, "Oh screw this" he ripped the cords out of the panel.

"What the hell did you do?" Miller questioned him.

"Cut the power to the motor" Monty retorted looking back at him, "Help me" he nodded over as Miller helped him begin to pull at the chute their efforts being useless, "We can't get leverage" he complained. There was pounding from the other side that wasn't the effect of Monty and Miller pulling at it.

"There's someone in there" Anastasia explained pointing at the pounding that was getting louder she began stepping back grabbing the gun that she laid against the wall.

"They're coming in!" Jasper yelled as he held up a gun, Anastasia was trained on the chute as it fell open to reveal Bellamy in a guard uniform.

"Bellamy" she stated dropping the gun. He gave her a glance before moving his attention to Maya.

"Get her in here!" Bellamy urged as they pushed Maya into the chute as Jasper followed closely behind before the chute shut. 

"Everybody!" Anastasia shouted, as everyone followed towards the chute, "We're getting out of here"

The chute opened once again this time it was being held up by Monty and Miller as the group slid through the chute going into one end and coming out of the other. Monty went in after the rest, leaving Miller and Anastasia.

"Go" Miller said nodding to Anastasia

"No, you go and I'll slid through before it closes" Anastasia countered.

"You're crazy" Miller said.

"Just give me the door" Anastasia uttered grabbing it pushing Miller through as she pushed the chute door completely open hearing the bang come through and heavy footsteps. The guards were here. She quickly jumped through the closing chute and slid down into a metal box, as white smoke billowed over her.

"Cutting it pretty close, huh, princess" she heard Bellamy say lending her, his hand. He helped her out of the box where the others were standing.

"You know me" she joked meeting his eyes, it had been so long since she has seen his face, "So are guard uniforms are your choice of outfits" she joked noticing that once again they met with him in a guard uniform.

"I thought i wouldn't ever see you again" Bellamy broke the small talk pulling her into a tight hug. She laced onto him, she needed this more than anything.

"Guys, we should go" Jasper broke the silence looking outside of the door.

"We should" Anastasia answered pushing Bellamy away, "I barely got out, they were already breaking into the room when I left" she explained.

"Okay, everyone follow me" Bellamy commanded he led the group of the room and into the vacant hallways, "It's all clear" Bellamy confirmed as the group followed behind him.

"Won't they see us" Jasper questioned as they entered the main hallway.

"Relax, Maya took out of the cameras" Bellamy cleared up.

"Yeah, well we're still sitting ducks in a group like this" Miller retorted.

"You're right" Bellamy agreed, "So we're going to split" he confessed. Monty grabbed Bellamy's shoulder pulling him back.

"No, we do this together" Monty fired back, "We survive together" the group had stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"Bellamy's right" Jasper countered

"Well, they don't trust Maya, anymore" Miller stated.

"Who the hell is gonna help us now?" Anastasia questioned. Bellamy nodded his head to the side as he started walking them leading them down a corner as he turned it to reveal Maya standing amongst other members of Mount Weather.

"We're going to hide you" Maya spoke, "Not everyone agrees with Cage, not by a long shot" she stated. As a guy from the pack waved them over.

"Come with me" he said, "We'll divide you along the way" the mass followed him as they led them down the corner welcoming the 47.

"Hey, we're coming with you" Jasper said as Monty, Jasper and Anastasia stayed behind.

"No, you're not" Bellamy disagreed, "They still don't know I'm here, and I need it to keep it that way" he explained.

"So what do we do?" Anastasia questioned him.

"Stay alive" he replied, "War is coming" he uttered and with that he was gone.

"Ana, we have to go" Monty said tapping her shoulder.

"Yeah, I know" she replied turning towards them as the ran to catch up with the others.