chapter thirty- four

Start from the beginning

One of the guards reached into the buckets of water and found the smoke bomb as Jasper jumped up slashing a guard in the leg. While Anastasia turned around shooting the guard that stood over her, aiming at the others. She took down two more before the leader called for them to retreat as the ones, that were still mobile and alive, did.

The 47 cheered as they watched them hobble back, "We did it!" Jasper cheered, "Seal the barricade!" Faint screams could be heard from the hallway getting everyone's attention, "Fox" Jasper yelled as he tried to go after her.

"No" Miller stopped him.

"I told her she'd be okay" Jasper lamented, "I promised her" he said as in the background one of the guards that were still in the room began to regain consciousness. Monty showed him the feed of Fox being dragged by the guards as she called out for Jasper. Jasper tightened his grip on his axe looking maliciously at the guard in the hazmat suit leaned up.

"Jasper" Anastasia looked back at him trying to calm him down, "Don't" she commanded, "We can use him" she claimed but Jasper pushed past her slamming his axe into the body as blood spewed up to his face, "Jasper!" She screamed as all the others were watching him.

"Let's move the bodies" Jasper commanded, "We need to get it together before they come back" he claimed as he nodded and they began moving, dragging the bodies towards a closet, collecting the weapons, and re-barricading the door.

"Jasper" Anastasia called him name again, "I think you need to take a break" she claimed as he turned around to meet her eyes.

"I'm fine" He stated, "I don't remember you hesitating to fire off your gun when it came to it" he fired back at her, walking away from her, towards the equipment.

Anastasia followed him in silence as she checked the number of bullets she has left. Jasper held this power over everyone, Anastasia was no longer the leader of them and that was obvious, now Jasper held all the power.

She had finally gotten what she always wanted, Anastasia was clear of having the weight on her shoulders. Even though this was her wish, she felt lost without it. She didn't know how to be a follower, how to watch someone give the commands. Anastasia couldn't understand who she was anymore.

"They're gonna come in harder next time" Miller retorted walking over to the group, "You know that right?" He rhetorically questioned.

"All we got to do is hold the floor till Bellamy finds a way out" Jasper replied.

"We're going to need more than a bucket of water and about 4 guns to do that" Miller retorted.

The one single walkie they managed to retain, buzzed to life as a voice came through clear, "This is President Wallace" the voice came through choppy, as Cage Wallace, Dante's son was now speaking to them, "Talking to the people who just killed 10 of my men" he finished, three of those were on Anastasia hands, "I thought we try something different this time" he said as Monty walked over to them showing the feed from the elevators as a people dressed in a hazmat was being held at gun point into the hallway, "There's only 20 minutes of oxygen in Maya's suit" he spoke, "I know he's a friend of yours, she will either suffocate or burn" Jasper began to tense up, "But you can save her, all you have to do is surrender" Cage finished as the elevator door closed locking Maya in the radiated level.

Jasper led Maya into the room after they un-barricaded the doors because Mount Weather already pulled their move. He put her down at the piano, sitting next to her. As the others found their way to hang about, there was nothing all of them couldn't do, their fate relied on two people, Jasper and Maya.

"Hey, you okay" Jasper asked her when she sat down. Monty quickly joined by Anastasia, who crouched in front of her.

"Listen to me" Maya plead as her voice fogged up the suit, "Fox is ok" she stated her message, "Bellamy saved her" she continued looking towards Anastasia, "He's going get some guns in here through the trash chute"