Chapter Eight: The Mind Flayer

* Note, did not put a chapter up for 2.07 The Lost Sister since that took place completely away from the main plot.

Outfit Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/95675

Same Night - Same Scene

Night - Hawkins Lab - Underground Chamber

Behind the glass, Natasha heard something from the gate, walking closer to the hole in the ground, but was protected from it by the glass that would not be much help against an army of Demodogs, seeing as some started to crawl up through the hole in the ground, all ready to slaughter everyone in Hawkins Lab.

Owens was in shock. "Holy God." The Demodogs started to launch themselves at the glass to try and break through. "It--it's polycarbonate. They can't get through."

They watched as more crawled up through the hole in the ground.

The man at the desk was horrified. "Mother Mary and Joseph."

The Demodogs continued to launch themselves at the glass, which started to crack.

"You sure about that glass?" Hopper asked.

Natasha raised her hands, forming her shield all along the glass to keep it from shattering completely, and to keep the Demodogs back for as long as she could. "I'm not. Doc..."

The man and the woman looked at her in shock, but Owens, Natasha and Hopper knew that Natasha didn't have another choice but to reveal herself to keep them all safe from the army of Demodogs coming to kill them.

Owens slammed a button on the desk to activate an alarm that started blaring throughout the entirety of Hawkins Lab.

Hallway

The soldiers had been blocking off the doors to keep Mike and Niko back. Bob was with them.

The alarm started to blare.

"What the hell?" Bob asked.

"We're too late," Niko realized.

"What?" Bob asked.

Panicking, Mike raised his voice. "We're too late!"

Will's Room

Mike, Niko and Bob ran into the room. Will was in his bed.

Joyce walked up to the three boys. "What's going on?"

Niko sighed worriedly. "We're under attack."

Underground Chamber

Natasha was still keeping the shield up to protect them from the Demodogs, turning to look at everyone behind her. "Go, now! I can't keep this up forever!"

A soldier radioed in. "What's going on down there? Does anybody copy?"

Natasha's nose was bleeding as she struggled to keep the shield up long enough for Owens, the man and the woman to run out of the chamber.